As User Experience Designer, you will join a team of designers focused on creating effective, delightful and consistent experiences across products within the group. This position will focus on our next generation platform which integrates multiple FIS solutions into a unified offering that services multiple personas across different business lines.
The User Experience Designer will interact with different functions across the group (e.g. product managers, business analysts, QA and developers) as well as a broader design community shaping a common UX Pattern library and Style Guide.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create effective interaction designs for enterprise applications that address the key requirements of end users
- Conduct user research and contextual inquiry, including meeting with customers and potential users to gather contextual data
- Engage subject matter experts to define design parameters and constraints
- Develop concepts and prototypes to help stakeholders envision proposed user experiences
- Facilitate usability tests to capture feedback from users
- Collaborate with the broader UX community on the establishment of common design patterns
- Promote user-centered design principles within the organization
- Strong working knowledge of user-centered design principles and practices
- Ability to translate research and user requirements into effective design decisions
- Strong collaboration skills including the ability to communicate design concepts and justify decisions with fellow designers
- Ability to conduct user interviews, understand the needs of customers, and interpret user insights
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and information organization capabilities
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Working experience with design tools (e.g. Axure, BalsamIQ, Photoshop)
- Experience with HTML5/CSS3 a plus
- Experience with responsive design a plus
- Experience with agile software development a plus
- BA or BS in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic/Visual Arts, Library and Information Science, Information Sciences, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, or a related area.
- At least five years' work experience in user experience or related field, with exposure to enterprise applications.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.