WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN: (About the team)
8 + direct reports
WHAT’S ON THE MENU: (About the role)
· Is responsible for training of both FSQA and/or production employees as needed.
· Utilizes existing FSQA systems, resources and corporate procedures to ensure product and process quality and Food Safety.
· Supervises all applicable FSQA programs and processes as per product specs to ensure food safety, regulatory compliance, product standards and customer standards are met.
· Takes actions to assure that products, processes, facilities and systems conform to FSQA standards and governmental regulations.
· Organizes and participates in internal audits to monitor processes, facilities, and quality systems. Participates in daily supervisor meetings and weekly Manager meetings on quality and Food Safety related matters.
· Ensures quality/food safety monitoring information is documented and kept as per quality programs and regulatory standards by completing record keeping and ongoing verifications of records on the production floor at least twice per shift.
· Responsible for over seeing completion and updating of shift’s QAA job descriptions and training program for all new QAA’s.
· Assures that Food Safety Programs (ex. Food Safety, GMP, Pathogen monitoring, foreign material prevention and control, Pest Control, Food Allergen Prevention and Control, others) are implemented and followed as mandated.
· Must gain knowledge and have a good understanding of all quality and food safety programs to be able to relate instructions to QAA’s and conduct audits of the product and process –responsible for the well being of all FSQA activities.
· Investigates quality and food safety issues and develops corrective actions and acts as a primary liaison on all Quality and Food Safety matters on the production floors and throughout the plant.
· Must share daily information with FSQA Superintendents on other shifts. Keep a good working relation with both management and hourly employees.
· Must perform as a member of management with positive attitude and open minded.
· Any other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY INGREDIENTS: (Requirements)
· Bachelor of Science or comparable industry experience
· 3+ years FSQA Experience
· 3 years Supervisory experience
· Product Experience - produce, dry, dairy, Meat/Poultry
· Certifications – GFSI, Audit experience
· Effective communication skills S
REQUIREMENTS: (FC only)
· Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation
· Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation
· Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without reasonable accommodation
· Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach about and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands with or without reasonable accommodation
Blue Apron is an equal opportunity employer.