Role Summary and Purpose
The Manager/VP - Alternative Operations will join a team of people located Newport Beach, CA, London, and New York supporting PIMCO’s Alternatives/Structured Products business, which includes complex hedge funds and private equity vehicles. The Manager/VP will need to engage key stakeholders including Portfolio Management, Legal, Compliance, and Finance to ensure timely settlements and maintenance of all bespoke or private and structured deals across PIMCO. Examples of these processes include deal facilitation, income accounting and collection, document custody tracking, cash wire controls, physical security registration, whole loan processing, and others.
The Manger/VP - Alternatives Operations will be located in New York.
- Settle and maintain Private Equity, Private Deals, Financings and other types of transactions requiring bespoke processing
- Digest and understand complex Financing deals, providing advice on the optimal way to book them into the IBOR
- Manage employees focused on overseeing and facilitating Financing deals.
- Build relationships with corporate trustees to facilitate income collection
- Manage cross functional projects to improve specific processes
- Work with the Alternatives Finance team on fund development and deal facilitation issues
- Maintain the Cloaked environment in Bloomberg including asset setup, broker code setups and ticketing
- Asset class experience should include direct lending, structured finance related products, loan pools, DTC/Euroclear fixed income products (RMBS/CMBS/Corporates)
- Knowledge of MBS, RMBS and CMBS securitizations and transactions processes– ability to analyze and document them
- Worked on remediation payment issues associated with securitizations
- Worked with governing and Trust documentation with respect to structured securities
- Management of fund level financings and single investment financings that include collateral management via repricing of underlying assets
- Ability to work in fast paced environment is a must
- Experience with common private equity frameworks from booking and settlement through accounting and maintenance of deals post settlement.
- Experience with facilitating operational support for whole loan, loan pools and real estate deals
- Proven leader of key service providers such as custody and accounting roles of service providers
- Understanding of private equity legal structures in Luxembourg a plus
Minimum 5-7 years’ Operations experience at Credit/Alternative focused hedge fund
Advanced abilities with Excel and Bloomberg essential.
Knowledge of SQL and BOE searches a plus.
Strong technical skills in Alternative Investments, ideally in: Real Estate, repo/reverse repos of physical assets, syndicated loans, distressed mortgages and credit debt, CMO issuance, ABS/CMBS/RMBS and corporate trust activities
Solid understanding of derivative products (including OTC, Cleared, and exotic structures)
Solid understanding of fund accounting across complex asset classes
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, suitable for client meetings
Proven track record managing complex securities processing tasks particularly with financing instruments and strategies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.