The Lead A&P Technician is responsible to the Manager, Maintenance Operations for the overall utilization of his area, to include the supervision of production personnel.
- To ensure safe work practices are followed.
- To plan, direct and coordinate the activities of his areas so as to minimize delays, and increase production and efficiency.
- To provide training, and to assist subordinates in the proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty.
- To make available to personnel the necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directive and other required technical data.
- The maintaining of all equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition.
- For ascertaining that all necessary work records are properly executed by the responsible person.
- The proper handling of all parts while in repair process.
- The preservation of all units or parts during process through the facility and after work is completed.
- The initiation of requisitions for stock and materials as required.
- The Lead Technician will be properly certificated in accordance with FAR Part 65.
- In his absence, all duties of the Lead Technician may be delegated by him to any qualified personnel as necessary. However, such delegation does not relieve him of the overall responsibilities.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed /in-progress work to Quality Assurance for final / in-progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides Supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- HS Diploma or GED required
- An Associate Degree or Technical Certification is most common at this level and may be
- FAA required within certain Technical Areas.
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- A & P License
- Airframe and Power plant certificates required
- FCC General Operator's License a plus
- Master Technician Role requiring Expert skills to perform all standard and emerging tasks within the Technical Area assigned to.
- Generally at least 8 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility in aircraft maintenance activities or substantiated equivalent experience.
- Recent depot level aircraft maintenance and repair experience is required, (repair of mechanical systems, components, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, rigging etc.); proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
- Desired: Prior experience in executive jet repair facility and prefer Embraer 145 and or Legacy experience.
- 5 -7 years supervisory/management position with heavy maintenance or MRO.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Advanced Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical area as well as a strong understanding of External Regulations and Functional Work Standards that affect Technical Requirements and Outputs.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the Technician Function Status Quo.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a safe and professional manner.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while ensuring quality work.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.