Wealthsimple is a fast growing online investment manager. We make investing easy and accessible to everybody. We're working on the challenges involved in making investment understandable and easy. We feel strongly about our brand and have twice won a Webby for Best Financial Services website. You can read about our mission and our team to learn more.
In 3 years, Wealthsimple has gone from $0 in assets under management to $2 Billion in assets under management. We have raised $100M in capital from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level. With this, we believe that we have the opportunity to build one of the largest and most innovative companies in financial services globally.
The most important part of our success is having the right people in place, and ensuring they are motivated by our mission and values to do the best work of their lives. We are experiencing rapid growth, and have onboarded over 80 people in 2017, and are approaching 150 team members in 3 countries.
At Wealthsimple, we value simplicity, transparency and shipping quickly. These values aren't just for engineering- they translate directly into the programs we build for our team. We're always looking for new ways to support people towards both incredible productivity and amazing work experiences. We build enabling programs and processes that are simple, transparent and inspired by great user experience, and are looking for a leader that values the same. If you're a strategic and experienced leader who prides themselves on creating productive teams, great leaders, incredible growth and positive experiences, we want to meet you.
- Substantial experience growing companies with SEO, at-scale
- Live and breathe the SEO industry, stay ahead of cutting-edge trends, and can establish yourself as the in-house subject matter expert.
- Technically sophisticated. You'll be expected to make and deploy changes to the company's public-facing codebase
- Focus on top-of-funnel but understand implications through the entire funnel. You’ll closely inform our landing page development and downstream conversion efforts.
- Experienced in tackling and prioritizing SEO challenges across different countries and languages
- Knowledgeable about attribution and measurement, viewing channel effectiveness through a holistic lens.
- Experienced with both third-party tools and native tools for intelligence (SEMRush, SpyFu, ahrefs, Moz, Screming Frog, etc.) and content creation / distribution. You can own our strategy around tooling - including tools we might eventually build in-house.
- Understand the nuances and complexities of data but act as a simplifier, realizing that data and insights are only powerful if they drive action.
- Thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback driven environments.
- People describe you as exceptionally organized and detail-oriented.
- Cross-functional communication comes naturally to you in solving problems and addressing roadblocks
- Highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
What you'll do:
- Own the strategy and execution of SEO at Wealthsimple
- Evolve / revamp our keyword research methodology -- strategy, tool selection, tracking, determination of paid vs organic, etc.
- Own the results from technical (on-page) SEO, making sure we’re always on top of best practices and seeking opportunities to stay ahead.
- Coordinate all teams that directly or indirectly influence organic search rankings -- including PR, Content, Engineering, etc. We’ll look to you as the in-house expert that can teach others & point them in the right direction.
- Integrate tightly with our paid channel managers, building a two-way communication flow of learnings from the paid world into the organic.
- Build out our measurement infrastructure so we know what is/isn’t working.
Wealthsimple is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive workplace for all employees.