PURPOSE OF JOB
The Sales Manager (SM) is responsible for managing the sales business plan for Small, Mid, Large and Divisional Key Account sales within their assigned area, including account, quota & geographical assignments; targeting strategies; product penetration and margin management. The SM identifies, recruits, interviews, manages, coaches, develops and performance manages assigned AMs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, train, develop and performance manage BDMs and AMs.
- Develop and execute sales plans for accounts within a designated area
- Develop relationships at the executive level with key accounts
- Participate in sales calls, meetings and business reviews to provide support for accounts as needed
- Achieve conversion, retention and penetration targets in new and existing Small, Mid, Large and Divisional Key Accounts
- Achieve product mix targets based on account potential
- Works with management and outside sales managers to ensure key metrics and objectives are met.
- Provides guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely and constructive feedback to employees.
- Manages and provides leadership including training, work assignments, and performance evaluations.
- Monitors and reviews progress on a regular basis.
- Develops and executes account plans with Account Managers and Line of Business Specialists.
- Ensures sales representatives utilize SFDC.com.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, operationally intense industry
- Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to set targets and design growth plans
- Ability to coach, performance manage, lead, motivate, and manage for results
- Ability to interface at the most senior levels at a customer
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong business, financial, operations, and technical acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Demonstrates strong teambuilding attributes
- Computer literacy, including above average competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Trained as a facilitator in sales training programs
- University degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years sales management experience required.
- Office product industry experience helpful, distribution selling environment required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process.
- Experience coaching for results, good organizational skills and demonstrated positive leadership style.
- Creative selling, project management skills and strategic planning ability required.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.