MongoDB is expanding our global team of consulting engineers to further our ongoing plans for worldwide growth!
MongoDB Consulting Engineers work with customers of all shapes and sizes in all verticals, from tier-1 banks to small web startups, on a variety of interesting use cases from e-commerce platforms to trading systems to social media applications. Solve interesting problems, gain incredible cross-stack experience, work with the best and brightest people in the business, network with industry leaders, and see new places - all in a day’s work!
The Consulting Engineering team at MongoDB exists to help customers with any adoption scenario, from building new applications, to migrating to MongoDB, to scaling existing deployments - and everything in between. Our team ensures that organizations get the very best out of MongoDB. You will report into our Lead regional Consulting Engineer.
Be one of the recognized experts in this rapidly growing field with one of the fastest growing pre-IPO startups in the world. You will have abundant opportunity to meaningfully impact the growth of our business in North America and beyond.
We’re looking for a highly technical individual, with strong problem-solving skills, and a passion for investigating complex technical issues.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- 5+ years of software development/consulting/support experience
- Competence in at least one of the following languages (in no particular order): Java, C++, C#, Python, Node JS, Ruby, Perl
- Experience administering databases such as: MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or MarkLogic
- Familiarity with Linux diagnostics and tuning; Windows tuning knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and deployment/operational considerations
- Experience developing or supporting applications in a number of distinct industries/verticals
- Interest in both a technical and customer-facing role
- This position requires frequent travel to client sites (short intra-week trips - typically 2-4 days). You should be comfortable with and capable of frequent travel
- Fluent English; Spanish or French is a plus
As a core member of the Consulting Engineering team in North America, you will:
- Contribute to MongoDB implementations at any or all phases of a project lifecycle: application development, database implementation, configuration, system testing, performance optimization, deployment architecture, production operations, client training, and best practices conformance
- Cultivate your individual MongoDB reputation as a trusted expert to shepherd MongoDB into the future
- Partner with Product team to influence the direction of MongoDB with field input for product and business development
- Become an advocate within the MongoDB community to support product worldwide adoption
The Consulting Engineer will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic responsibilities:
- Become a field expert in “everything MongoDB”
- Gain reputation as a trusted partner with your clients, large and small
- Ensure client’s success with their MongoDB endeavors
- Maintain required level of billable utilization
- Contribute to MongoDB product development
- Successfully communicate the product roadmap to external clients, while having the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences.
- Constantly work on improving yourself, product and our team