San FranciscoWhy We Need You
PagerDuty is growing and we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer for our Technical Operations team to manage and contribute to the software and services that we provide to our users. As a Data Engineer at PagerDuty, you will help lead the team responsible for designing, building, deploying, and supporting solutions for teams across PagerDuty's growing global user base. You are scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact on a small but growing team.
Together with the other members of the Data Platform team, you will have the opportunity to re-define how PagerDuty, designs, builds, integrates, and maintains a growing set of software and SaaS solutions. In this role, you will be working cross-functionally with business domain experts, analytics, and engineering teams to re-design and re-implement our Data Warehouse model(s). Key Responsibilities
Skills and Attributes
- Translate business requirements into data models that are easy to understand and used by different disciplines across the company. Design, implement and build pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Partner with business domain experts, data analysts and engineering teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data governance, security, privacy, quality and retention that will satisfy business policies and requirements
- Own and document foundational company metrics with a clear definition and data lineage
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- You will design, implement and scale data pipelines that transform billions of records into actionable data models that enable data insights.
- You will help lead initiatives to formalize data governance and management practices, rationalize our information lifecycle and key company metrics.
- You will provide mentorship and hands-on technical support to build trusted and reliable domain-specific datasets and metrics.
- You will have deep technical skills, be comfortable contributing to a nascent data ecosystem, and building a strong data foundation for the company.
- You will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at PagerDuty.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing full-stack data platforms in a cloud-based and Agile environment
- Very strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in the OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages is a big plus (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Go)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- A consistent track record of close collaboration with business partners and crafting data solutions to meet their needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Excellent understanding of trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation details
Benefits to Get Excited About
- Experience with Keras/Tensorflow or other machine learning frameworks
- Deep familiarity deploying and managing AWS services, including RedShift
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family; 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, corporate discounts, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave, paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave.
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Catered lunch daily plus breakfast on Wednesdays, and plenty of snacks and drinks
- Convenient office location in SoMa tech hub – accessible by BART, Muni and CalTrain
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 10,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, ‘risk, fail, learn’ attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
Learn more at www.pagerduty.com. Follow our blog and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Director of Business Intelligence and Data Engineering San Francisco
Senior Salesforce Administrator San Francisco
Data Engineer San Francisco
Senior Salesforce Administrator Toronto
Sr. Network Engineer Toronto
Sr. Network Engineer San Francisco
VP Sales Strategy, Planning and Operations San Francisco
See all opportunities