VF Corporation is a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, with a diverse portfolio of iconic brands, 64,000 associates from around the world and $12.4 billion in revenue.
While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our One VF culture and approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage. Our five largest brands globally are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland® and Lee®. Other brands include Eastpak®, JanSport®, Kipling®, Napapijri®, Nautica®, Reef®.
The Sr. Manager, Data & Analytics is responsible for developing and driving the data & analytics capabilities for our Direct to Consumer Business in the EMEA region based on business needs and priorities.
Translating those needs into actionable and tangible Customer insights helping to grow our brands faster and more profitable is amongst the key responsibilities and measures of success of this position. This includes an understanding on how Business Requirements translate into technical requirements and understanding of the associated complexities.
This role requires excellent collaboration, influencing and teamwork skills, to work in a matrixed, multi-brand and multi-national organization and understands the business contexts and importance of driving best practices and innovation in partnership with the Global data analytics organization. The role will be responsible for data analytics innovation and contributing to a global center of excellence.
This role will report into the EMEA DTC Central team supporting all brands in the EMEA VF portfolio.
Key responsibiities include:
- Support Development of Advanced Analytics practice: Develop best in class advanced analytics practice for VF EMEA and drive analytic culture both corporately and within the brands.
- Brand Consulting: Lead ongoing analytic projects in support of brand strategies and tactics. Topics will include, but not limited to marketing optimization (promotions, content, and channel distribution), demand chain analytics (assortment clustering across channels, demand forecasting).
- Support Dynamic/Automated Reporting: In collaboration with brand and DTC leadership, support the development of common dashboarding to highlight KPI across brands, locations and channels. Work will include multi-source data integration and collaboration with stakeholders and development resources.
- Support Process Improvement: Bring industry best practices to analytic processes to create time efficiencies, so team can broaden efforts to other focus areas.
- Team development: Through peer-to-peer training and direct reports, develop internal talent to expand advanced analytics capabilities – including modelling, automation, and data visualization/presentation techniques.
- Data Infrastructure: In collaboration with internal IT teams, support data architecture strategy to ensure alignment with analytics use-cases and long-term roadmap.
- Tool Assessment: Develop and deploy analytical tools and data science techniques to analyze complex data sets. Monitor trends in data science and alternative sources to ensure that VF Corporation is in tune with best in class tools and techniques. While leveraging a global suite of tools, ensure that local needs and tool sets are prioritized where possible.
What you need to succeed
We are looking for a data analytics professional with tangible experience gained preferably within Direct to Consumer (both online and brick & mortar) businesses in the sportswear, fashion, or apparel industries and strong track record of results.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Data/Computer Science, Information Systems, Applied Math, Statistics or Business Information Management.
- Certification in relevant Data Analytics and Visualization tools are a plus.
- Fluent in English with solid writing and oral skills. A second major European language considered a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in an analytics-focused job with 3+ years in a management role.
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with excellent influencing skills.
- Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Leadership skills to manage and develop both direct and indirect reports, ability to lead through influence
- High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
- Platform proficiency/knowledge: SAS, R, SQL, HANA, Python, Big Data tools (preferred),Visualization tools (Tableau preferred).
- Functional experience building and managing consumer analytics functions, e.g., CRM, merchandising analytics, pricing and promotions
- Expertise in applications of complex modeling and analytical methodology including, but not exclusively, clustering, time series/forecasting, predictive & optimization modeling, ANOVA, experimental design, etc.
- Understanding of both Digital Channel and Physical Retail Channel dynamics and KPIs.
- Experience in retail, consumer goods, or apparel/footwear industries preferred
- Consulting Experience a Plus
At VF, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other.
If you’re looking to build your career VF is the place for you.