Imperfect is a produce delivery startup on a mission to reduce food waste and to make fresh produce more affordable, accessible, and convenient. We source produce directly from farms, which would otherwise go to waste, and deliver it to customers' doors for 30-50% less than grocery store prices. Since our start in 2015, our customers have saved millions of pounds of produce from going to waste.
Imperfect is more than just a produce box! In everything we do, we bring an appetite, lead with heart, embrace imperfection, and work to grow the movement. By working at Imperfect, you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest. You’re improving access to healthy food in food deserts. With each curvy cucumber and misshapen potato, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations in each of our cities: the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and Indianapolis. Imperfect plans to bring ugly produce to Sacramento, San Diego, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis in 2018.
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role
We’re looking for a stellar “people person” to attract and retain top talent at Imperfect! This Junior Recruiter will focus on hiring hourly employees, with a focus on growing our Operations teams at current and new pack centers across the country. The Junior Recruiter is expected to provide a delightful candidate experience, build a solid pipeline of qualified talent, and partner with Operations Management and People Business Partners to meet the hiring demands of our growing business. We believe people are our greatest asset and the talent we attract drives us. Our approach to recruiting is collaborative and based in relationship building. We’re looking for someone who is invested in our story and can’t wait to share it!
- Partner with Operations Management and People Business Partners in existing markets to support staffing needs for our ever-growing business
- Support the Operations Recruiter with aggressive hourly hiring needed to meet the talent needs as we enter new markets
- Build a pipeline of qualified candidates for our Warehouse Associate and Delivery Driver workforce across the country
- Ensure that our job descriptions are reaching the right people, utilizing the best job boards and communication channels (both paid and unpaid)
- Attend job fairs and recruiting events keeping a rolodex of potential hires.
- Know who the best people are and where to find them
- Build partnerships with community organizations who can serve as an additional resources for diverse candidates
- Know our company inside and out so that you can show prospective candidates how amazing it is to work for Imperfect
- Manage our Lever account and all aspects of the hiring process to ensure an efficient and smooth experience for both hiring managers, applicants, and prospective candidates
- Screen resumes and schedule qualified candidates for on-site interviews
- Leverage our ATS (Lever) and be able to show a results-driven recruiting process
- Stay current on hiring strategies and competitive industry salaries
- Keep ‘em warm! Be familiar with the existing pipeline of candidates and be thinking about what future opportunities would fit
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years of non-exempt (hourly) recruiting experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience posting jobs on various job boards including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
- Experience representing a brand and recruiting candidates at in-person job fairs
- Experience using an Applicant Tracking System, Lever a huge plus!
- Level-headed: You are a creative problem solver.
- You work efficiently and calmly within tight deadlines and can juggle multiple projects at once.
- Data driven: You understand and utilize Applicant Tracking Systems to best determine strategy.
- People driven: As an Imperfect Produce representative and often people’s first point of contact, you can’t wait to share our mission and our vision. It gives you joy to create an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience, and your intuition and EQ are fine tuned.
- Detail-oriented: Organization, task prioritization, and logistics all fall in your comfort zone.
- Adaptable: Needs change quickly and you have a great attitude about it.
- Own it Mentality: You thrive on learning opportunities and new challenges. While knowing when to ask for help, you also move quickly to get it done.
- Humble: You see something that needs to be done, and you take responsibility for it. No task is too small. You love sourcing from a variety of places. From job boards to job fairs, you love the hunt and the hustle associated with finding the perfect candidate.
Details of the Position
- Reports to the Operations Recruiter at our HQ in San Francisco (Bayview)
- Domestic travel required
- Full-time exempt position
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, and free produce!
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting most of the time.
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Walking, climbing stairs, and standing are required only occasionally
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens; regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets also required
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Produce are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.