Requisition ID: 184049
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Presales Expert Job Profile can take 3 different paths
- Presales Solution Expert
- Presales Customer Solution Manager / Principle
- Enterprise Architect
Presales Solution Expert Role
The Presales Solution Expert identifies, understands, and defines customer needs in order to develop and maintain standard product demonstrations and materials to close business and increase revenue. Provides additional support to account executives and conducts demonstrations for strategic purposes, including tradeshows and SAPPHIRE. The Presales Expert is considered one of the most knowledgeable Presales persons on a given solution in the Business unit they support.
Deal Execution / Demonstration Lead Tasks
- Responsible for highly complex / visible pre-sales and/or post-sales support of company products/systems.
- Provides advanced-level technical support to complex sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Provides answers to customer / internal SAP team inquiries concerning advanced solution topics.
- Provides software development and consultation to prospective customers.
- Supports regional and offshore Demo Architect teams to build demos based upon customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
- Will participate in demo system design, planning and spec-out configuration requirements if needed.
- Participate in new product release input, testing and training of peers.
- Quickly establishes oneself as the thought leader of the VAT and fine tunes account strategy.
- Guides team in creation of overall theme & competitive differentiation (value wedges)
- Executes vigorous dry runs on strategic deals and customer engagements.
- Effectively transitions engagement to implementation partner / Field Services
- Is proactive in sharing their knowledge with the greater presales community through Solution Hubs or other enterprise social media where collaboration takes place.
Presales Customer Solutions Manager / Principle Role
The Presales Customer Solutions Manager Principle (PCSM/P) leads and manages all Presales engagements for a given set of opportunities aligned to a group of sales teams. S/he works with the sales teams to support sales strategies by engaging the appropriate Presales team. A PCSM/P must possess strong solution selling and value-based selling skills, and be able to mentor and coach the assigned presales team members in support of sales cycles.
Deal / Account Support Tasks (70%)
- Support and liaise with sales in account planning activities to build the customer vision
- Single point of contact for Sales into the Presales organization for his domain
- Support sales in building a trusted relationship in both IT and LOB
- Research, document account and industry context maps, understand the account’s business model
- Jointly with sales executes the account strategy
- Deliver executive workshops leveraging design thinking infusing innovative approaches
- Aligns with business stakeholders, discovers & documents business capability requirements / use cases
- Designs solution landscape with EA and Solution specialists that meets customer requirements
- Qualify sales opportunities and identify the appropriate presales services
- Assures presales resources allocation, supported by presales/resource managers
- Designate need and source of a Presales Lead / Solution Captain
- Delivers solution positioning , provides at a level 1 solution overviews
- Monitor execution (dry-runs) to ensure highest quality of customer engagement
- Monitor impact of Presales Specialist, provide feedback on quality of work
Business Development / Readiness Tasks
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify whitespace opportunities at accounts
- Participate in one to many marketing events for specific industries or solution areas
- Deliver business workshops to discover and identify business needs
- Build close customer relationships
- Stays current on solution and industry updates in their domain leveraging SAP learning maps etc. Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions.
- Actively participates in the solution HUB of their primary and secondary specializations
Enterprise Architect Role
The Enterprise Architect is a senior presales position who provides direct support to the sales and presales in the development and execution of strategies for SAP’s Innovation platform of solutions in complex and strategic sales opportunities.
Deal/Account Support Tasks (80%)
- Account aligned engagement for key/strategic accounts (# depends on Region/MU)
- Helps AEs to assess customer needs SAP’s fit
- Contribute to account and execution planning
- Jointly with PCSM Influence sales strategy to best position the SAP solution
- Support complex and strategic deal especially in SCP & Key accounts
- Lead architectural discussion e.g. in executive meetings, discovery conversations
- Initiate /drive solution strategies, architectures and roadmaps for customers
- Support PCSM/P in conducting business transformation workshops
- Lead technical workshops & discovery sessions to drive broader solution value and strategy
- Incorporate ‘design thinking’ approaches to maximize SAP’s innovation and revenue potential
- Present and position the broader vision and value of SAP’s portfolio to customers. Helps ‘connect the dots’ between business goals and IT capabilities
- Evangelize on strategic innovation areas (SAP Strategy, Cloud, SoH e.g. sFinance, Big Data, Mobile, UX etc).
- Lead the solution architecture strategy and presentation of recommendations to customers
Business Development / Readiness Tasks (20%)
- Build Trusted advisor status, attend customer meetings and delivers in-depth solution discussion, advanced topics, future direction and roadmap
- Collaborate with sales & PCSM to plan account strategies through participation account reviews.
- Uncover opportunities to generate demand with customers to help drive additional revenue
- Stays current on all relevant solution updates in their primary concentration
- Maintain a close understanding and appreciation of competitive solutions.
- Actively participates in the solution HUB of their primary and secondary specialization
- 8+ years of presales experience
- 5 + years of solution specialist (or equivalent customer facing) experience in areas appropriate to the job
- Demonstrates 10+ successful engagements
- Expert knowledge/expertise on end to end processes/solution matching
- Experience in sales and sales processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills English: proficient
- Business level local language: expert Fluent English spoken and written
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
- Master equivalent: optional
- MBA / Ph.D.: optional
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
ERP, Developer, Business Development, Solution Architect, SAP, Technology, Sales