Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Testing Senior to lead quality assurance for the Enterprise Data Bio. We are seeking a motivated individual who can provide leadership, direction, and guidance to a focused workgroup in driving execution of testing frameworks across various projects. As a senior member of the IT Team, the individual would independently lead the Testing solution delivery of a project, program or the entire portfolio. The individual would champion quality assurance that improves Test delivery processes and be a role model and mentor to the junior and midlevel Testers, working alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy members
*Broad application of principles, theories, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices.
*Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable.
*Works under limited direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives
*Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
*As Testing Lead, the individual is expected to develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of ingenuity and creativity, with work being accomplished without appreciable direction.
*Understand Testing needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide Test team /sponsors in identifying best solution.
*The individual is expected to employ extensive professional expertise as a test lead, with experience in creating and implementing test solutions, processes and practices across large, complex projects
*Contribute to the enhancement of Testing standards, tools and processes.
*Interface with business for issue resolution. Communicate with project managers, initiative leads and other test leads on the project data requirements, plan detailed tasks, and timeline for the development effort of Test scripts
*Understands the test cases / scenarios across multiple projects, provides input and guidance for medium to complex scripts (automation, performance and any other specialized testing).
*Proactively contribute to the growth of a high-performance QA team by providing critical energy and input into team strategy and priorities.
*Provides/Seeks relevant data on metrics for module he/she is part of.
*Engage with the project teams at deep level when there is a need and making use of the best available test techniques, strategies tools given scope of situation.
* 5 to 7 year(s) of experience using Test Management, Defect Tracking, Requirements Management, and Modeling tools, including automated testing tools framework experience.
* BS in Computer Science or Information Technology, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience from which knowledge and skills may be obtained.
* Strong Project Management Skills is essential.
* Strong ETL and Mainframe skills is mandatory.
* Experience in a test lead or test management capacity or role.
* Experience in AGILE and Waterfall based project development.
* Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, able to work effectively under tight deadlines.
* Adept in reporting test status on timely basis to Project Managers/Directors.
* Experienced in leading a test team and acting as a mentor for less experienced test engineers.
* Ability to think through complex testing plans and derive solutions.
* Use expertise to identify, adopt and/or develop more effective strategies and provide thought leadership in testing and developing applications.
* Experience in defining functional and non-functional test framework across products.
* Ability to analyze testing metrics and trends and recommend actions to address areas of concern.
* Experience in understanding the architecture of complex applications.
* Strong decision making and problem solving skills and experience with Testing delivery.
* Strong knowledge of databases (Sybase, DB2 UDB, SQL Server, Oracle etc), Structured Query Language, UNIX Shell Scripting
* Strong knowledge of ETL (Informatica, DataStage) and Mainframe
* Experienced with Tools like QTP , HP ALM , Version One, DOORS.
* Comfortable working with middle and senior management.
* Mortgage and/or Financial services industry experience.
* Prior Freddie Mac experience.
* Technology certifications in development and/or testing are desirable.
* Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.