Manager Quality Assurance
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Manager Quality Assurance (“QA”) is responsible for managing all activities of the Quality Assurance teams. In this role, the QA Manager will provide leadership, strategic direction, expertise, and hands on assistance to the QA team and is responsible for ensuring the quality of the company's applications. The Manager QA is also responsible for streamlining and continuously improving the effectiveness of the QA organization and is accountable for the associated quality and efficiency metrics.
The Manager QA is a cross-functional bridge builder who constantly looks for ways to mentor, improve, streamline, and integrate the team’s practices to protect our customers from system-affecting issues.
As a Manager Quality Assurance, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work with the IT Architect to develop software and system solutions for all corporate IT products.
- Develops and executes a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functionality, performance and scalability.
- Champion automation processes, training, and execution and ensure we meet the projected 80/20. The QA manager will measure the daily progress on automation and adapt based on priorities.
- Develops and executes performance, stress, stability, and benchmarking test strategies that ensures inContact's products meet or exceed performance targets.
- Provides technical expertise in the use of software testing tools to QA engineers developing automation architectures, customer test tools, and complex network test environments.
- Continuously streamlines and improves the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated.
- Clearly communicates QA results, concerns, and project status to the management team and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Proactively manages the performance of the team members through coaching, training, rewarding strong performance, and addressing issues directly and with fairness if/when they arise.
- Becomes the Subject Matter Expert (SME) over systems being tested.
- Accomplished problem solver and QA mentor.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
Bonus Experience if you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, and/or a Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
- 8+ years experience in engineering and/or development of IP voice products.
- 5 + years experience in Automation, framework expertise and planning.
- 2+ years of experience managing a software QA group (preferably with Agile/Scrum teams).
- 3+ years of experience scripting with Microsoft Coded UI or comparable testing tools such as MS Testing Center, QTP or Rational.
- 2+ years experience writing SQL statements.
- Experience running teams that work on data communications products and services.
- Dynamic QA evangelist who thrives in a past-paced environment and is passionate about delivering quality software.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Positive "can do" attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable scripting automated tests as well as an ability to train others in automated testing
- Data mining using SQL within automated scripts.
- Strong knowledge of QA practices and methodologies.
- Testing web services.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Proven experience in system testing methodologies, test system configuration, regression enhancement, and load testing, defect tracking, retesting, acceptance, and documentation.<>
- Previous experience in a Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) company
- Previous experience managing QA teams using Microsoft TFS
- Experience with employee development, performance planning, reviews and evaluations
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.