LENOX Industrial: Technical Sales Associate (WA, OR, Northern ID, AK)
US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province
Since 1915, Lenox has done more than innovate at cutting; we’ve lead the industry, commanded the science, developed sharper ideas, listened to your needs and delivered the world’s most advanced cutting solutions. In 2017, Lenox joined the Stanley Black & Decker family of brands which has been recognized as the largest, fastest growing, and most innovative Tools and Storage Company in the world. At Stanley Black & Decker, our people are our single greatest asset. They are the industry’s best, and they are empowered to create opportunities for success. Every day, they define excellence with everything they do. Are you ready to join our winning team?
The territory covers Washington, Oregon, Northern Idaho, and Alaska.
The Technical Sales Associate (TSA) role will be positioned within the Industrial Band Saw Sales Team and is a part of our Lenox Band Saw Sales Development Program which is designed to prepare the future sales managers for our business. This program will allow you to learn the business from the ground up by developing your technical aptitude and selling skills, managing a sales territory and growing the market share through product testing, product application demonstrations and training seminars in your designated territory. The TSA Program offers invaluable experiences for associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers within Lenox/Stanley Black & Decker.
- Assist existing and new customers in meeting or exceeding their specific business objectives by selling and demonstrating Lenox products.
- Support customer service, distribution and other departments in their efforts to respond to the business needs of customers.
- Effectively manage your territory using Salesforce.com Reports, Perspective Reporting, Locator App, Lenox Docs., and Band Saw Blade Estimator to provide necessary data and services to customers and distributors.
- Educate distributors and their sales personnel about the Lenox Advantage to help them sell Lenox products and services using the ‘Growth by Trial’ Guaranteed Trial Order (GTO) model.
- Provide technical support to distributors, end users and execute our growth by conducting 13 point check and Guaranteed Trial Order (GTO) process.
- Train end users on Band Saw and PTA product knowledge, Band Saw blade basics, and product demonstrations.
- Solve end-user problems through troubleshooting minor repairs, alignment and calibration of equipment, as well as product performance and trial tests in order to achieve optimum product performance.
- Keep current on machine control systems, and maintain a focus on learning and applying new product information and application.
- Maintain, calibrate and troubleshoot distributor welding equipment.
- Utilize Salesforce.com (SFDC) to collect and maintain data about end users and distribution.
- Educate end-user personnel on the fundamentals of sawing.
- Coordinate and implement technical product and application solutions that extend value to our customers, consumers and sales representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position involves approximately 50% travel within territory. Traveling duties consist of calling on end users and distribution, meeting and working with National Account Managers and Sr. Sales Manager to drive sales within a region.
- Limited additional travel (outside of territory) may be required for training and company-wide meetings.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors/Associate Degree in a related field, or 2-4 years of equivalent mechanical/machinist experience in a shop environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to set priorities is required
- Must have excellent telephone, written correspondence, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of hydraulic, electric, pneumatic and mechanical systems is preferable
- Must be able to develop and present programs to both customers and sales organization
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law