Plated is the meal kit for people who love food, and we’re passionate about delivering a consistent, high-quality product to home cooks around the country. We’re searching for a Manager, Food Safety & Quality to help us deliver an experience that customers can trust. As a vital member of our team, you’ll develop a best-in-class food safety management system that’s critical to the daily operations of our five fulfillment centers.
What you’ll do with us:
- Participate in and influence the development and implementation of all site strategies directly or indirectly relating to food safety and quality.
- Provide direction and influence for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of all food safety and quality management systems.
- Assure that all meal-kits produced onsite are safe for consumption and conform to the intended ingredient and packaging specifications. This includes actively supporting food safety and quality planning and oversight of compliance to HACCP, GMPs, Sanitation, and other Plated programs, policies and standards.
- Manage the internal food safety and quality audit function for the site and assure the effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process (CAPA) within the framework of Plated’s food safety and quality management systems.
- Rapidly and accurately identify and participate in mitigation of all food safety & quality issues occurring on site and notify management of the same.
- Lead investigative efforts to support management of crisis and provide timely communication of findings to corporate food safety and quality team.
- Assure skills development through facilitation of all food safety and quality training in the field utilizing the internal curriculum. Provide timely feedback on performance and training opportunities that align with continuous improvement plans.
- Maintain effective communication with Team Leaders, Supervisors, Operations Manager, and Food Safety & Compliance Manager.
- Comply with all company standards, policies, and procedures.
What you bring to the table:
- Food Safety & Quality experience in food industry required.
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines required.
- HACCP certified and experience with ready-to-eat products required.
- B.S. in relevant field required.
- Experience with auditing preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in data-entry heavy role preferred.
- Strong knowledge or certification in Lean Manufacturing, TQM and/or Six Sigma principles a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Highly capable of working cross functionally and leading/influencing others.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively, attentive and detail-oriented.
- Works well both as a team member and independently with effective decision-making skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and react effectively in time sensitive situations.
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development