Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home! -Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry’s broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we are able to maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
Click Here To Apply: http://ashleyfurniture.avature.net/ashleyfurniturecareers?jobId=13914&source=Monster
Responsible For: The Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of the warehouse including product flow, setting-up of product, wrap, safety and store purchased product until customer pick-up or delivery. Responsible for housekeeping in the warehouse.
Accountable For: The Warehouse Associate is accountable to adhere to Company’s standard operating procedures for the safe, efficient and Lean Operation of the facility and equipment. The Warehouse Associate is accountable to comply with the productivity goals and quality (picking, put-away, receiving, MTOs, Customer Pick-up, etc.) to ensure a lean and efficient productivity in every process.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains floor inventory integrity by properly transferring products from warehouse to customer’s house, stores or other locations as necessary and requested by customers.
- Removes sold product from floor, wrap and store until customer delivery or load product into customer vehicle for customer pickup.
- Responsible for the clerical side of the warehouse operation, documenting product receipt.
- Execute activities engaged in receiving, stocking, picking, assembling, conditioning, inventory handling and delivery.
- Executes work at a rapid pace to meet the pieces per hour goals without sacrificing safety and accuracy/quality.
- Receives and distributes and/or install parts that are ordered for repairing damaged pieces of furniture.
- Reports and inspect physical conditions of the warehouse, equipment, maintenance, repair or replacement as necessary.
- Responsible to meet and execute standard operating procedures for receiving, handling and storing of products
- Completes and submits weekly warehouse checklist to record compliance with pieces per hour performance goals
- Works to reduce the warehouse operating expenses
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months working in warehouse environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of warehouse functions
- Ability to use some industrial machinery
- Proper methods for lifting/stakicng and leverage
- Detail oriented
- Makes recommendations to the Warehouse Lead on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Basic computer skills
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquires
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only meeting specific job requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.