We are looking for a smart and motivated individual to join the Professional Services team in Chennai for our Ooyala Flex Media Platform. This team is key to delivering solutions to our customers as demand in the market sky-rockets, so it will be a rewarding and busy role!
You will work with varied clients every day across traditional Broadcast, OTT, syndication and content production, as well as emerging video markets, and also work with internal project teams so you must be an excellent communicator. You will have a deep technical background and be naturally curious and intelligent. Above all you will be able to balance your passion for technology with a drive to deliver successful client projects, innovating and using pragmatism in equal measure.
- Configuration of the Ooyala Flex Media Platform, including configuring our workflow orchestration layer, managing metadata schemas and customer data models, scripting with our Groovy SDK, configuration of transcoding tools, integrating with 3rd party systems and APIs
- Development of plugins for the platform
- Managing and troubleshooting deployments across cloud environments and customer on-premise installations
- Being embedded within a client’s technical teams - working collaboratively to troubleshoot any issues which may arise.
- Liaising with the Ooyala product, sales and support teams.
- Assisting Solutions Architects in consulting and technical requirements gathering with clients.
- Being utilized across multiple client engagements simultaneously, across the APAC and EMEA regions.
- Staying current with an in-depth knowledge of the Ooyala product line.
Key Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills – spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a client-facing team with prospective and existing clients
- Hands-on approach to solving tactical and strategic problems
- Experience in object oriented software design using Java
- Extensive experience developing data-driven apps, leveraging RESTful APIs
- Experience in scripting languages such as Groovy and Python
- A background in media technologies, including transcode, QC, video formats and standards
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with online video technologies, ad serving solutions, or web analytics
- Good knowledge and experience in using Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience in infrastructure concerns, e.g: network design, clustering, HA and load-balancing
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies
- Relational and non-relational database management
- Experience using containerization technologies including Docker
- Using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible for automate deployments
Working at Ooyala is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of TV. The world is watching.
A global subsidiary of Telstra, Ooyala's comprehensive suite of offerings span the full life cycle of video, from script to screen. Our product offerings include a media logistics platform used by studios and broadcasters to streamline production workflow and video asset management, one of the world's largest premium video delivery platforms, and a leading ad serving solution. Built with superior analytics capabilities and a strong commitment to customer success, Ooyala's industry-leading solutions help our customers build more engaged and more profitable audiences.
Some of the most successful and innovative media companies and content rights holders in the world— Sky Sports, WTA, PGA Tour, MGM, RTL Germany, Accuweather and Singapore’s Mediacorp—rely on Ooyala.