The Lean Specialist is an onsite partner supporting the Field Lean Champion with the deployment, sustainment and education of Lean within a DC. Responsible for the execution of Lean programs by ensuring SPINs are captured, completed and monitored for aging. Assists with closing the communication loop by sharing the outcome of all SPINS with the site. Assists with posting visual displays and generating metrics to support the site’s Lean program. Assist with Kaizen events to improve processes and deepen team member understanding of Lean. Assists with GEMBA walks, and monitors the effectiveness of MDI/Tier meetings; makes improvement recommendations.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Assists the Field Lean Champion in managing the SPIN program through collecting SPIN forms and collaborating with other departments, such as Maintenance, Safety, and Operations, to implement countermeasures.
- Attends Tier 1 meetings to assess execution and thoroughness of Lean content.
- Assists with capturing, compiling and making GEMBA walk information actionable.
- Assists with Kaizen events to improve processes and deepen TM knowledge of Lean.
- Assists with the completion of Quarterly Lean GAP Assessments
- Engages with TMs and Operations to assist in identifying waste and executing to eliminate waste
- Partners with the Field Lean Champion to train/coach operations on basic problem solving tools such as 5 Why, Fishbone, FMEA and Takt Time.
- Ensures front line managers are completing all tasks necessary to enable their teams to meet and exceed department goals.
- May assist in leading training as directed by the Field Lean Champion
- Assists in Lean deployment programs through making recommendation for process improvement and efficiency.
- Assists with tracking the progress, milestones, savings, and other key aspects of projects that are active on a regular basis.