It’s an amazing time to join Sarcos, a leading robotics company undergoing significant growth. As an undisputed industry leader in dexterous robotic systems, Sarcos is creating technology to empower people. We don’t replace human productivity, we enhance it, by making people stronger, keeping them safer, and getting to places people couldn’t, or shouldn’t, otherwise go. We don’t just build robots. We build new possibilities for the real people getting it done.
Sarcos brings together the brightest minds in robotics to change how we approach the world’s most dangerous tasks. With some of the industry’s greatest minds, our team is changing the world of robotics every time they walk in the door. With a large emphasis on collaboration and teamwork, our employees are learning and growing from each other every chance they get, and it shows in the work they do. If you’re interested in working on the forefront of robotics with life-changing experts, come join us!
Electrical Technicians order components, stuff PCB’s and fabricate wiring harnesses working from BOMs and schematics using electronics soldering equipment and other tools. Test and calibrate completed units to ensure subassemblies meet specifications. Perform final inspection on assembled and tested subassemblies prepared by suppliers. Work closely with engineers and designers in the design and adaptation of prototype components. Install, repairs, and maintain electronics tooling and equipment.
- Install surface mount components and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment, hand tools, and microscopes
- Read schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, and bridges
- Order parts, check paperwork on receipt of parts
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Ability to provide accurate estimates for fabrication and testing activities
- Ability to align thoughts, actions and results to the Sarcos Pledge of:
Our Pledge to Each Other
Our most important value is to work as a team. How we treat each other is critical to our success. As a result, you are making the following pledge to the Company and your colleagues.
I will do my best to:
- Treat everyone on our team, regardless of seniority or role, the way they want to be treated
- Trust my colleagues and believe that they have the best of intentions
- Proactively communicate in a candid manner, with sufficient information to allow my colleagues to achieve their objectives
- Be open minded and receptive to review, constructive feedback, and collaboration
- Act with integrity by doing what is right for the company, my customers, my colleagues and myself
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude coupled with the drive and determination to win, while holding myself accountable for both my success and the success of the company
- Never criticize, disparage or malign colleagues behind their backs or in front of others
- Not tolerate anyone in the company doing anything inconsistent with any of the above
When I fail to act consistently with my pledge, I will expect my colleagues to respectfully and privately address it with me.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Persuasive oral/written communication abilities.
- Flexible and adaptable (willing to work on other technical problems as needed).
- Insatiable curiosity for science, technology and understanding of how things work.
- Ten years electronics assembly experience
- Completion of a two-year electronics technology or four-year apprentice program
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Experience with Altium is a plus
- Ability to solder under a microscope surface mount component as small as 0402
- Good Understanding of electrical theory
- Populate/stuff PCB’s with minimal supervision
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and weekend requirements.
- Safety awareness is absolutely essential at all times while in the work area.
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended times.
No calls or agencies please.
Read Full Description
Proof of right to lawfully work in the United States required. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Sarcos is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.