We are a driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex and unusual engineering challenges, while making an immensely positive impact.
We are looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join our team in San Francisco! You'll be working on building out our Infrastructure projects needed to help power our autonomous vehicle operations. If you're excited about working with the latest technologies and making driverless cars a reality join us!
- Lead technical projects from start to finish
- Provide technical guidance for our client platform engineering efforts: Linux, macOS, Windows, iOS and Android (including employee computers and on-prem and AWS hosted servers)
- Build helpdesk focused tools to improve efficiency around the most common requests/incidents
- Develop automation workflows and integrations to make our applications work better
- Leverage Landscape, Jamf Pro and other tools to manage, administrate and scale our endpoint fleet and related infrastructure.
- Customize, create and package software, scripts, and applications for deployment.
- Drive endpoint security models and best practices across the environment.
- Maintain corporate identity through access, authentication, and authorization with Okta, Active Directory, and other tools.
- Identify ways to improve efficiency and scale services leveraging tools and automation.
- Support compliance standards (data backup and recovery/DLP) on all endpoints.
- Shared responsibilities within the areas of wired & wireless network management.
- Work with Infrastructure, Security and other teams to drive better security practices across our applications and implement solutions to increase productivity for IT and end users.
- Proactive monitoring of business systems.
- Document and maintain Client operating procedures, best practices and customer service KPIs.
- Participate in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members.
- Work as a final escalation point for the IT Support team.
- 7+ years in a hands-on technical environment providing Linux, macOS and Sys Admin support
- IT systems generalist with senior level experience in configuration management, deployment, automation, applications, and security
- Use integrations, webhooks, and API connections to securely tie systems together.
- Requires solid experience with MDM, focusing on macOS and iOS and some Android
- Advanced Network Operation skills such as server administration, proxy services, SSL certificates, etc.
- Experience with one or more scripting/coding languages (Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Ability to work with commercial and open source tools to extend our world-class hybrid model
- The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, handle and complete multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with a passion for thorough systems documentation.
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless user experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering
- For this role, you'll need to be highly collaborative and customer support focused.
- AWS experience in a production environment
- Kubernetes/Docker/Terraform experience
- Networking and security knowledge
- Startup experience
- Mergers & acquisition experience with applications integrations
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.