With over 235 million users in 196 countries, Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. We’re a social impact business, and we’re aiming to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
We also do everything we can to look after our staff, unlimited vacation that actually gets used, and 18 weeks parental leave are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high impact, low ego and incredibly inspiring.
As an SEiT, you'll be part of a close-knit team, and use your skills to make the world better. This person will be responsible for owning our test suites, improving our tools and processes, and empowering development teams to move faster, with higher confidence in the quality of their work.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, pairing, short release cycles).
- Improve the coverage and reliability of our automated test suites.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve product quality.
- Lead technical projects.
- Teach, learn, and document.
Here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- 5+ years technical experience in the software industry
- 3+ years experience in test-driven development and test automation
- Experience with multiple test frameworks
- Experience with Selenium or other browser automation tools
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) tools
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to influence, collaborate and work effectively with other product development teams
- A passion for product quality, and for championing systems and process improvements to allow developers to move faster and with higher confidence in their code quality
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails test frameworks and tools, such as RSpec and Cucumber
- Knowledge of Chef or similar configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of additional languages and frameworks.
- Experience in additional software stacks.
- Experience teaching and mentoring.
This is a full-time opportunity. The position can be located in either of our Victoria BC, or San Francisco offices.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.