Social Media Producer - ETonline.com
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are the 24/7 entertainment news digital arm of the long-running, Emmy Award-winning syndicated TV series Entertainment Tonight. ETonline has been the No. 1 producer of entertainment video online for more than 2 years straight, according to comScore, and is a top three entertainment news network. We are also preparing for the launch of an ET-branded streaming network in 2018.
The social media producer is the connector between Entertainment Tonight and its social audience. She/He will be in charge of creating and optimizing daily content for ET's social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and will play an active role in growing and engaging with the audience.
- Manage the daily social calendar for a social media platform (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram), from content selection to post creation.
- Execute, and assist in creation of, a constantly evolving social strategy, including:
- Implementing an authentic, fun and compelling brand voice
- Building a channel-specific content schedule
- Developing shareable social creative, including macros, GIFs and video
- Cultivating, managing and engaging an online audience, building direct relationships with fans and influencers
- Track and report on brand’s social performance, including:
- Providing ongoing insights and strategic recommendations to continually build community and increase engagement
- Listening to, escalating and acting on fan feedback
- May include occasional or scheduled shifts that require night and weekend work.
- Ideating platform-specific activations and tactics for breaking news and the large tentpole events (GRAMMYs, Oscars, Comic-Con) as well as set visits, film premieres, and exclusive interviews.
- Building and executing a strategic plan for 1:1 fan engagement on your platform.
- Working with the editorial and video team to create accurate and engaging social content based on Entertainment Tonight’s exclusive reporting.
- In 2018, CBSi plans to launch an ET-branded streaming network. ETonline staff will be deeply involved in developing, producing and distributing social content for and from that platform.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A journalism background in a digital newsroom, specifically 3+ years working in social or digital media.
- Experience using social deployment and listening tools.
- A competitive nature that thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires both speed and accuracy.
- An unironic love of pop culture.
- Willingness to work early morning hours and on weekends, if necessary.
- The ability to multitask.
- Flexibility to re-prioritize duties based on breaking news.
- Prior experience with Photoshop or basic graphic design skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
You might also have –
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition.
- A keen awareness of a social media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand.
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled