May 1, 2018
Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
Investment Banking/Sales/Trading/Research Full Time Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance.
With over 2,000 investment banking and capital markets professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
EMEA Power, Utilities and Renewables Investment Banking team within Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division is a leading franchise in the sector, covering a broad array of publicly listed and private companies in the EMEA energy sector. The companies in the sector are highly transaction oriented with Morgan Stanley advising them on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalizations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions.
• Managing and assisting in the execution of M&A and capital markets transactions.
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
• Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
• Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts.
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from leading universities
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience at analyst / associate level
• EMEA Power & Utilities sector experience / knowledge is essential
• Strong analytical and modelling skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
• Fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is helpful.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents*LI-JD2