Our Quality Engineering team is deeply engrained in the functional areas of the business and partners heavily with the leadership team on critical decisions. Team members expected to have the skills to analyze data and surface takeaways, and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels in the company. Through the intern program, we are looking to find the next wave of talent to drive these efforts.
Quality Interns will be responsible for providing on time support to our internal or external customers on Quality Improvement opportunities involved in both vehicle and powertrain.
- Monitoring our manufacturing processes
- Creating and monitoring quality data systems
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing best practices
- Performing design engineering analysis and reviewing engineering documentation
- Capture and document root cause analysis
- Contain defective products through ownership of problem definition (8D’s), Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s), leading dispositions, and resolution effectiveness tracking.
- Reviews, develops, and implements revised/new processes using Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing
- Working cross functionally with various teams to achieve quality standards
- Detect non-conformances through use and standardization of SPC systems, and Change Control management.
- Ensure standards and specification by championing product/process Control Plans, Inspection Standards, quality and testing plans and instructions, Visual Work Instructions, and Technical Specifications.
- Prevent failed customer satisfaction and durability by coordinating Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA’s), product design specifications and tolerances reviews, past problem history, and supplier development.
- Validate processes and products New Product Implementation (NPI) standards.
- Currently pursuing degree in manufacturing or mechanical engineering or other engineering technology discipline
- Prior internship experience preferred
- Evidence of bringing assignments to a successful completion.
- Clear verbal / written communication and computer skills in English Language.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi task effectively within a team environment in managing priorities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily 5S directives.
- This role is available across various Tesla locations, including headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, the factory in Fremont, CA, and Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV – must be able to relocate for the duration of your internship.