Presentation Designer and Editor
Teradata is looking for a presentation designer/editor to edit and create great visual presentations with heavy emphasis on graphics. You will also be required to proofread and edit PPT materials to align with Teradata corporate brand standards including visual, verbal, and legal components.
The ideal candidate possesses an understanding of typography and layout and is a visual problem solver—you dissect complex information to simplify and abstract it for easier audience digestion.
Your up-to-date portfolio speaks for itself
- You have solid mastery of PowerPoint (Required).
- Are well-versed in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Visual problem solver—you dissect complex information to simplify for ease of consumption.
- Verbal problem solver – correct misspellings, grammar and punctuation; ensure alignment to corporate messaging,
- Comfortable in both the lead seat and supporting seat for different projects, as needed.
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Asks questions until the next steps are absolutely clear in their mind’s eye.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs, and deadlines.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Presentation Design/clean up
- A substantial part of the duties for this position involves editing and cleaning up of PowerPoint presentations according to brand standards. There may be some presentation design and development. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in PowerPoint—creating charts, animations, and well-designed slides is crucial.
- Using provided PPT templates, the candidate will design, develop, and/or revise PowerPoint slides for internal and external audiences. Should also understand Photoshop for resizing, cropping, and manipulating photos.
- Perform digital video editing from beginning to finished production. Editing may include ingesting raw footage into non-linear editing software, organized bins, color correction/grading, multi camera edits, titles, chapter and menu creation, final encode and export, and DVD creation.
Verbal and Legal Reviews and Editing
- Using corporate writing guidelines, the Chicago Manual of Style, and trademark and product name lists, the candidate will proofread and edit content on slides to correct grammar, punctuation, align product names to corporate standards, review and correct Teradata trademark usage.
Competent and demonstrated expertise with:
- Microsoft PowerPoint (solid mastery)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Microsoft Word, Excel
Preference given to candidates with knowledge of:
The specific details of the role will vary depending on a particular project, but common activities include:
- Understanding and mastering brand standards and applying them to PowerPoint presentations and other materials.
- Producing attractive, effective graphics using PowerPoint and InDesign.
- Editing and proofreading PPT slides checking for spelling, grammar, punctuation, trademark usage.
- Ensuring that PPT messages align with corporate messaging and visual brand standards.
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback.
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members.
This person needs a wide range of design and creative capabilities, as well as excellent English grammar, proofreading, and editing skills. These include:
- Strong presentation design portfolio with 2+ years of design work experience preferred.
- Strong portfolio of visual design—excellent layout, design, and production skills a must.
- Ability to collaboratively work as part of a team, as well as individually, and receive direction from the senior staff.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to shift priorities quickly within a fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills—comfortable explaining design concepts, options, and decisions to stakeholders. Approach design problems conceptually, with close attention to detail.
- Highly detailed oriented.
- Good organizational skills.
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve