Customer Service Manager, Technical Support
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse, Instagram and YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Our Distribution & Operations team within the CBS Digital Media group is charged with distribution and monetization of premium CBS content across the spectrum of digital partnerships and business models. These include our direct-to-consumer subscription service CBS All Access, ad-supported streaming across our CBS digital properties and CBS Audience Network partner sites such as YouTube, MSN and Yahoo, transactional digital storefronts such as iTunes and Amazon as well as digital MVPD products and partnerships.
- We are a diverse and agile group that works in an exciting and fast-paced environment, working cross-functionally across different departments and partnering with multiple technology/distribution partners to ensure that we deliver CBS content to consumers, however and wherever they want to consume it.
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Customer Service (Technical Support) to support and oversee the external Customer Service / Call Center team. This role is responsible for understanding the customer’s technical needs; developing, defining and implementing short and long term Technical Service strategies to achieve company and customer needs. This position also manages and develops the global technical service function, activities and processes. The ideal candidate will have related experience in digital media properties and be a leader of implementing strategy to achieve short and long-term goals for CBSi.
- Provide world-class support by taking ownership for customer issues from initial contact to resolution including troubleshooting the issue, determining root cause and ensuring that the customer service team understands the resolution.
- Provide metrics as established by the organization to track and report customer implementation activities and associated issues and/or opportunities for reporting.
- Participate in the QA process of current and new products/services and work frequently with product and engineering teams to address opportunities and product enhancements.
- Play an active role in the workflow of issue escalation. Be a product expert (and an expert at all CS tools) who can guide issue resolution either by fixing the problem or going directly to the person on the team who can.
- Refine process to continually improve how cases are managed and issues are resolved.
- Act as single point of contact for customer service escalation process ensuring a high level of responsiveness if issues arise.
- Lead and execute on “Pre-Live” event activities, troubleshoot on all platforms, provide on-site/off-site tech support.
- Work with Technical Writers to document and update knowledge base articles, and tutorials to improve the customer service experience.
- Streamline troubleshooting workflows.
- Assist in leading new customer workflows.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 5+ years in a role managing customer service programs or agents for a premium brand or equivalent experience.
- Experience in entertainment programming, managing linear/ OTT channels, streaming and VOD industry, mobile devices, excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Work well under pressure, professional demeanor, strong communication, interpersonal and cross functional team skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
You might also have –
- Expertise with Salesforce
- Experience with hands on management in a high volume, full service (call, social, email, chat) customer service operations supporting issues related to an e-commerce business (account management, billing, retention, service related issues).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled