The Green Turtle Inn has been an Islamorada landmark since 1947. Known for its fine cuisine and generous hospitality, this iconic bar and restaurant has captured the attention of travelers, locals and critics for decades.
The Turtle may be lauded in Florida Keys history but there’s nothing old about this hip destination. The Green Turtle balances fresh, modern fare with an authentic Keys-casual vibe and will always be home to good food, great friends, warm service and happy times.
The Executive Chef oversees the entire restaurant and catering kitchen operations for Green Turtle Inn, including controlling costs. Everything that goes out of the kitchen is the responsibility of the executive chef and therefore, it is essential for the person to be able to maintain complete control of the kitchen at all times, and earn the respect of his or her kitchen staff.
- Responsible for budget planning and control (P&L accountability); manages food and beverage purchasing, inventory, labor, and applicable culinary operating costs
- Oversees menu and recipe development, including custom and innovative recipes and menus; Oversees pricing and preparation of menus, beverage and wine lists taking into consideration local requirements, market needs, competition, trends, recipes, product pairings, and availability of products
- Train and develop all levels of culinary associates through instruction and demonstration, including culinary oversight and staffing for all Catering events
- Manage scheduling and staff levels; hiring, discipline, and performance plans for BOH culinary associates
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation standards are met in the kitchen and restaurant as well as maintain exemplary food safety, proper kitchen and equipment maintenance
- Maintains an up-to-date standard recipe file for all menu and catering items along with feature photographs to be posted daily
- Culinary oversight of production and presentation of all food leaving the kitchen, including ensuring dishes are served on schedule; ensure quality, consistency, and presentation technique
- Participates in weekly managers’ meetings and all other meetings as required by the GM
- Participate in and occasionally “host” offsite catering events, food competitions, media appearances, food and beverage shows as deemed necessary and appropriate
- Must be willing to work long hours and manage a restaurant open 6 days a week, including working nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- +10 years of industry and culinary management experience
- Culinary Arts Degree preferred
- Knowledge of food trends and Rich’s product offerings
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and excellent customer service
- Flexible, adapts to change well
- Self-directed with strong verbal communication and organizational skills and a champion of communications among food and beverage team
The Green Turtle Inn is a subsidiary of Rich Products. Rich Products Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Rich Products Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Nearest Major Market: Key West