This position is critical and core to the success of the Information Center. It is responsible for gathering and distributing accurate, superior content, creating and maintaining excellent sources and relationships for content, managing crew assignments as related to content, managing traditional and emerging technologies to receive and share content, managing phone calls, email, online upload, social media, ftp, etc. across all platforms 24/7/365.
- Enterprise news and information
- Monitor and filter content from traditional and emerging sources (including but not limited to online, social media, news releases, scanners, wires and other local and national news and information sources, etc.)
- Plan and assign news and information throughout the day, as well as larger scale special event projects and coverage
- Write and publish digital content
- Generate and maintain excellent sources and relationships for content gathering
- Contribute to multiple distribution platforms including gathering, writing and producing content, creating graphics, shooting stills and/or video, editing, feeding content via various portals
- Service and support various news and information gathering organizations, i.e. Tegna affiliates, NBC, NBC affiliates, etc.