Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for an engineer to join our Environments Ops team. You'll be responsible for writing and maintaining scripts as well as supporting our automation tools (Bladelogic and chef). These tools and scripts are critical to the deployment of the Workday Enterprise Business Services. In addition to this you will be involved in upgrading, patching, executing and monitoring the processes that keep the Workday Service up and running in all environments - production, sandbox, implementation, sales, training, partners, etc. You'll do everything from creating scripts, maintaining nagios, applying patches and updates to all our systems either manually or using BladeLogic, all while ensuring that we continue to meet our SLAs.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Deep experience supporting fast-growing large-scale production-quality web environments highly desirable.
- Experience in operating and supporting on-demand Internet-based systems.
- Strong Linux admin and shell scripting skills is a must.
- Nagios monitoring and alerting infrastructure experience.
- False positives are your nemesis.
- You are passionate about keeping nagios quiet and ensuring only critical alerts are reported
- Experience with Hyperic, OSSEC, and splunk a plus.
- Experience with BladeLogic or Opsware for application deployment a plus.
- Building and operating efficient, rock-solid, auditable processes is part of your DNA.
- Work well in a distributed team environment.
- Can multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and problem determination
- Experience with TCP/IP networking from the Linux end is helpful (can read netstat, configure IPTables, do SSH tunneling, etc).
- Experience deploying and operating: Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Cape Clear ESB, Subversion, Java web applications, Apache httpd.
- The ability to work some nights and weekends is required as part of the on-call support and production update rotation.
- Experience working in a SAS-70 audited environment a big plus.