Job Summary: We have a unique and exciting opportunity at The Walt Disney Company, for an experienced Intellectual Property Protection Manager responsible for Onset Production. This role will be based on-set at our Studios at Shepperton / Pinewood.
This role is within the Content and Information Security team, who work to define secure practices and procedures and ensure that all tools and workflows utilized in the film making and distribution processes are secure.
The Intellectual Property Protection, Manager: will report into the Director of Intellectual Property Protection at The Walt Disney Company based in Burbank, USA.
- Collaborate with respective enterprise security teams to manage and execute various compliance related activities within the Intellectual Property Protection services portfolio,
- Key programs include, but are not limited to:
- Third-party Security assessments
- Regulatory Compliance Requirements for onset production environments (e.g. PCI, SOX, GDPR)
- Content Security related to Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert providing technical guidance around security best practices encompassing both digital and physical domains
- Provide technical solutions to internal and external business units with an emphasis around secure network architecture and hardening best practices
- Execution of IPP related Security Risk assessments on internal business units and strategic third-party entities
- Supporting the development of executive-level presentations
- Lead security evaluations with an emphasis on physical security, digital security, and related processes
- Support and/or manage all aspects of the evaluation lifecycle, including planning, fieldwork, reporting and archiving, including interaction with third-party service providers
- Evaluate and test business processes and controls and identify areas of risk
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues and opportunities for improvement
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports to assess, document, and communicate results of evaluations
- Liaise with vendors to report, monitor, and remediate risks
- Work with internal assurance teams and business unit stakeholders to plan vendor evaluation strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues
- Act as Information Security subject matter expert relative to the IPP portfolio to vendors and in-house personnel
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Engineering, Math or a related field
- Proven IT/Technical industry experience with large corporations
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Prior experience in the entertainment industry with experience working on set in a high-stress environment preferred
- Ability to work in a highly distributed matrixed environment
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and trends
- Prior security audit experience is a plus
- CISSP, CISA/CISM, or CEH designation preferred
- Broad technical skills in conducting security assessment against established security frameworks (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, PCI, MPAA)
- Strong understanding of secure network principles of perimeter devices, servers, and workstations
- Working knowledge of configuring and maintaining firewalls and network switching / routing devices (e.g., Palo Alto, Sonicwall, Fortinet, Brocade, Cisco, HP)
- WAN connectivity (Point-to-Point, MPLS, VPN)
- Directory Services (e.g., Active Directory, Open Directory, LDAP)
- Storage solutions (e.g., SAN, NAS, encrypted storage mechanisms)
- Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant)
- OS hardening best practices for both servers and workstations
- Cloud based storage and transport security best practices (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of studio IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
- Thorough knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., DI, editing, visual/audio effects, encoding, dubbing, DVD/BD replication)
- Experience evaluating physical security protocols at facilities
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
Additional Information:Please note, this role may involve up to 20% travel, domestically and internationally.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.