Systems Engineer, Staff
About the Role:
6+ years’ experience in System Administration to multiple testing and production environments. Collaborate with QA, Development, and IT in configuring, implementing, testing and debugging the enterprise applications and systems. Resolve issues that affect software release scope, risk, and quality. Consult with testers, database administrators, and developers to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Maybe expected to write documentation to describe operational procedures and change controls
Reports To: Stacia Conner
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot environment and application issues occurring in our Test environments and work closely with application stakeholders to fix the issues within time.
- Deploying the Fiserv’s Enterprise wide J2EE applications in our non-prod environments running Weblogic application servers on Red Hat Linux systems with Oracle 12c RAC database.
- Work closely with the development Engineers in designing new/enhancement application changes that are cost-effective, scalable and efficiently managed.
- Configuring the Datapower or similar webservice gateway tool for inbound/outbound calls and troubleshooting any issues occurring in day to day testing.
- Upgrading Weblogic/Jboss Application servers and applying periodic security patches.
- Devops Experience with Cloud computing is preferred.
- Troubleshooting any application issue reported by clients and should possess good communication skills
- Monitoring and Performance tuning for the high availability of applications.
- Writing scripts using Shell scripting or Perl/Python to help in our regular activities like Application Deployment, Middleware upgrade or monitoring.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications: (Minimum qualifications are the basic work experience, education, training and/or licenses necessary to be considered for a job; an indication of what is minimally required to be successful in a job. For example, if the minimum qualifications call for a Bachelor’s degree and the job seeker only has an associate’s degree, they do not meet the minimum requirement for the job and cannot be considered. Minimum qualifications must also be non-comparative (2 years of Excel experience vs. “Proficient” in Excel: proficient may have different meanings to different reviewers. Objective and relevant is best.)
- Bachelor’s in Technology (Computer Science, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or applicable work experience
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.) or applicable work experience
- MCA – Masters in Computer Application (preferred but not required)
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional, remove if not applicable) Preferred qualifications shouldn’t be used to screen candidates out but rather to help narrow down the selection process. Limit to essential preferred qualifications.
- 6+ years’ experience in System Administration including Weblogic/Jboss as the application servers.
- More than 2-year experience in configuring, implementing and troubleshooting enterprise applications in a networked environment
- More than 2-year experience with relational databases such as MYSQL server, SQL server, ORACLE server and client server concepts
- Extensive business and/or systems analysis skills.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams that may form and disband quickly.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol and troubleshooting tools.
- Understanding of Release Management concepts and having knowledge on their day to day activities will be preferred.
- J2EE, Weblogic, Oracle DB, scripting (Perl and shell), DNS.
- Experience in Load Balancers like Citrix NetScaler & IBM Datapower
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand business processes and relationship of systems and applications used to accomplish those processes
- Proficient, analytical, decisive, troubleshooting skills
- Ability to write clear instructions for end users
- Ability to work off-hours/overtime (nights and/or weekends)
- Frequently sits and remains on the phone for extended periods. Candidate must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with other support teams
- Candidate must be able to be on call 24x7 on a rotational basis
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.