Ibotta is looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to build something great with us. As part of the engineering team, you will work with both Engineering and Analytics to develop and own stable, scalable, and repeatable data-driven features. We're looking for a self-motivated engineer who has a passion for working in the Hadoop ecosystem and with technologies including Aurora, DynamoDB, SNS, and SQS, as well as other non-AWS technologies. Every engineer has input into our product development process and will have a real impact as part of a small, nimble team.
Here is what you'll be doing:
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product management to implement data-driven features
- Be a contributor and architect of distributed systems, frameworks, and design patterns of BI and Data Science
- Use Scala, Java or Python to utilize Hadoop/Spark to collect and analyze large-scale datasets in batch and real-time
- Design, implement, and maintain distributed messaging systems
- Build, monitor, and maintain data ETL pipelines
- Manage Data Governance and Security
- Administer and maintain our data infrastructure
- Mentor junior and mid-level data engineers in principles and best practices
- Share relevant knowledge and evangelize Data Engineering with Engineering and Analytics teams
Here is what we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development, preferably with Java and Python
- 3+ years of experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem, using tools such as Hive, Spark, or Pig
- Proven expertise in taking large data projects from conception to implementation
- Substantial experience with Event-driven architecture design patterns and practices
- Significant experience in database design and architecture principles, and expert-level SQL abilities
- Extensive experience with:
- AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, Hive, Cassandra, Bigtable, or other big data stores
- Python and Java
- ETL tools and processes (Airflow or other similar tools)
- Agile (Kanban or Scrum) development experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with managed, cloud-based data warehouses; e.g. Snowflake, Vertica, etc
- Experience with BI tools; e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc
- Experience with data serialization technologies, e.g. Avro, Protobuf, etc
- Experience with Qubole
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.