Responsible for performing final testing and troubleshooting of sequencing instrumentation. Work with Engineering and System Integration group to support product transfer. Other responsibilities include failure analysis, quality improvement, process enhancement, cost reduction, engineering evaluation and system improvement.
- Test DNA sequencing instrumentation using standard protocols under ISO certification.
- Set up and operate test equipment, prepare DNA samples, and sequence DNA on Illumina instruments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, firmware, software, and assay problems on pilot and complex systems (e.g. laboratory equipment with optical & fluidics sub-systems)
- Drive and implement process improvement and product sustaining activities together with Engineering and Process Engineering function.
- Analyze data to determine trends.
- Establish and maintain logs and databases of instrument failures and defects.
- Develop, write, and execute corrective action and preventive action test schedules.
- Transition new products from the development team into manufacturing.
- Write and update work instructions as needed to improve test procedures.
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and present findings.
- Streamline testing to make better tests at lower costs.
- Provide guidance and supervision to junior staff.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 5+ years preferred in systems testing – hardware, firmware, software, and chemistry/reagents.
- Experience in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical systems.
- Proficient in 3D CAD tools such as Solidworks will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T, Sheet Metal Tooling, Casting, Mechanism, Machining and Standard Manufacturing Processes.
- Understanding of sequencing systems and techniques will be an added advantage.
- Experience in various analytical techniques such as FMEA, GR&R, DOE etc.
- Use of statistical tools in data analysis and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated experience in developing test protocols, writing and presenting reports.
- Experience preferred in analytical tool building, scripting and programming (Tableau, JMP, Python, Matlab, C, VB etc).
- Experience with FDA regulated medical device manufacturing.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment are essential.
- B.S. or M.S. in relevant field (Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Engineering.)
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.