Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Infrastructure team provides AWS and Amazon.com with the compute, network and datacenter capacity that are the foundations of the retail and cloud business. We are seeking a Procurement professional to support the Americas data center construction space.
As a Procurement Category Manager, you will create sourcing strategies for at least one construction services category and collaborate with internal business partners and suppliers to reduce risks and costs for Amazon. You will develop mechanisms to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. Additionally, you will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends for your category. You will also provide input on Procurement processes and tools to drive innovation across teams.
The ideal candidate thinks big, provides input on multiple initiatives, and communicates appropriately with customers and suppliers at all levels. You must be collaborative, but also work with autonomy. To be successful in this role you must be highly analytical; think strategically; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines; exhibit an intense curiosity and learning drive, succeed in a fast-paced environment; engage key stakeholders where needed; and have a high level of customer focus. Also, you must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and driving them to completion to meet business objectives. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” mentality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Manage a category within the front-end construction space
· Analyze category data and metrics to drive Procurement category strategies
· Ensure a robust supply base that exceeds expectations for delivery, quality, and cost
· Achieve cost savings through bidding and negotiations
· Meet often with stakeholders to align on category strategic initiatives to reduce risk and costs
· Develop supplier scorecards to measure and track supplier performance
· Facilitate business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnership
· Innovate within the procurement space, automating and/or improving tools or processes to better support the Procurement Lifecycle.
· Provide support throughout the contracting process and management of contracts post-execution
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.