The QA Applications Programmer, Junior works directly with the QA Applications Programmer, Junior to support the development of automated test tools specific to an individual project's needs. The Associate QA Applications Programmer, Junior is responsible for the ongoing support of the automated tools for the duration of their use. The Associate QA Applications Programmer, Junior will also adapt existing tools for future projects and ensure clear documentation are provided for their use.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain test scripts in support of automated test tools in use by the QA teams.
- Research and identify new tools/procedures that QA can leverage to increase efficiency.
- Adapting existing tools (external & internal) to future project needs.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Test automation experience.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C#.
- Possess the ability to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
- Proficient with Devtrack & Jira or similar bug tracking database.
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize and scope work.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
- Must possess excellent logic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Able to give and accept positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
- Able to work in a team environment.