Customs Operations Analyst
Global Operations EUR & RCIS
- Performs pre-entry customs clearance and issue resolution operation and arrange implementation and localization of Global Customs SOP and Enterprise Standard, achieves key targets.&;
- Manages Customs formalities, performs effectively import, export and special procedures in compliant manner.
- Executes and improves pre-entry greenlight procedure, request and support quality improving of shipping documents.
- Requests or compiles necessary import and export documentation, such as customs declarations, customs invoices, certificates of origin, technical documentation and cargo-control documents.
- Arranges and maintains product database: fulfill data, support receiving of OGA documents and new requirements appliance, control trade mark letters advance requesting.
- Follows management instructions and support process of correct instructing of Customs agents regarding interrelations, insurance, valuation terms per each contract for Customs Clearance process adherence and improving.
- Collects data and preparation of reports to meet specific internal reporting requirements.
- Timely and consistently fulfills reports.
- Communicates and escalates any process or compliance failure.
- Ensures all verbal and written interaction with all business partners at highest professional standards, work cross-functionally and collaborate in compliant and efficient manner with all internal and external customers (Sourcing, Finance, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory Affairs, Sales, Engineering, Service, Forwarders, Customs Agents, Warehouses and Authorities).
Customs Operations Analyst provides execution of pre-entry, entry customs clearance and issue resolution of import / export / special programs customs transactions in a compliant and efficient manner in accordance with Customs Enterprise Standard, GE Policies, arranges efficient customs databases, fulfill tracking reports.
Executes manager's instructions to provide implementation of GE Customs Enterprise Standard delivery model.
- Bachelor's Degree in Customs, International Logistics and Trade or related areas.
- 1-3 years of experience working in logistics and customs.
- Knowledge of Incoterms, Customs Code of CU, HTS, local customs regulations and requirements.
- Advanced Excel user, advanced proficiency in applications and tools.
- Understanding of project management and Agile / Kanban frameworks.
- Soft skills: customer intensity, accurate, analytic skills, creative, purposeful, responsive, cooperative, able to deliver under pressure with tough deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional global team environment.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.