Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Program/Project Management Lead for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Engages in the planning, execution, and delivery of programs and projects intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets. Develops an expert understanding of how project activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders and project/program teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Drives implementation of multiple, highly complex project/program initiatives typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve program and project milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established project management processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and costs.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for highly complex programs and projects to accomplish goals and objectives within a specified timeframe and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators.
- Communicates with project stakeholders and executive/senior management, and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met.
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter experts.
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst project stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in project or program management.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible project/program/portfolio/PMO management experience, including experience in initiative lifecycle from vision inception to value realization.
- Excellent communication abilities and experience, including executive level, department level, team level and individual level, with demonstrated negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage ambiguity effectively, and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst program stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience, including the ability to leverage influencing skills to guide action without direct line authority.
- Experience in framing and presenting strategic options to an executive audience
- 5 years of experience in Financial Services and/or Banking
- Premium consulting experience
- Knowledge of SAFe and experience with Agile delivery
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/26/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.