Requisition Number: SS-13012
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
(2 Positions Available)
The Williams-Sonoma Technology organization is seeking an energetic and talented Data Engineer to deliver high value, high-quality business capabilities to our data technology platform. At Williams Sonoma, we are harnessing the power of machine learning and predictive analytics to discover trends across our business. We are working on challenging problems in information retrieval, entity resolution, and developing an in-depth knowledge of multiple aspects of our 6 amazing brands -- Williams-Sonoma, West Elm, Mark and Graham and the Pottery Barn family.
With a background in both software development and machine learning, you will collaborate with software engineers, data scientists and domain experts in Supply Chain and Inventory management to develop data and machine learning products at support Williams Sonoma.
You will be an integral member engineering team delivering across multiple business functional areas. You will build data analysis infrastructure for effective prototyping and visualization of various data-driven approaches
Key Job Functions
* Partner in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, visualization, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies.
* Improve our Machine Learning systems by contributing to all phases of algorithm development including ideation, prototyping, design and production
* Scale WSI data processing pipelines to handle and maintain complex processes in an efficient and reliable way that are available, scalable, and fault tolerant.
* Build scalable production systems for data collection, data transformation, feature extraction, model training, and scoring, using distributed software tools
* Work with data science to define data ingestion standards and assist with data-related technical issues
* Partner with product development team to understand various opportunities and use cases.
* Maintain specifications and metadata; create and maintain documentation
* Build Communities-of-Practice in key data technologies
* Performs other duties as required
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability.
* 3+ years experience building and maintaining large-scale analytics systems
* Good knowledge of architecting, developing, and maintaining of cloud technologies (e.g AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Familiarity with big-data stacks (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Hive, Airflow, ElasticSearch, TensorFlow).
* Experience with relational (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and/or non-relational (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB) databases.
* Strong machine learning or stats knowledge a plus
* Excellent communication skill and a strong team player.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
* Experience in Supply Chain / Retail / eCommerce
* 3+ years experience in software development and delivery
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Database, Engineer, Computer Science, Supply, Developer, Technology, Engineering, Operations