HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare—now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a senior level individual in the area of Compensation who will be largely dedicated to providing overall support and guidance to the various HMS lines of business in areas of compensation required to support business operations. This individual will additionally be responsible for day to day compensation activities that include salary administration, job evaluation, documentation and pricing. A successful candidate will possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform a wide range of moderately complex duties under the general supervision of a supervisor. This individual may contribute to project initiatives within compensation as well as in support of adjacent HR department initiatives.
- Evaluate the documented job duties and specifications and apply compensation techniques to establish pay levels that support by both internal and external markets.
- Administer salary adjustments using established pay guidelines, while relying on independent judgment needed for exception based pay decisions.
- Partner with the various lines of business to aid the department with the development of accurately described job descriptions which clearly define the primary function and level of the role.
- Owner of the CompAnalyst tool managing internal job matches, pay composites, and data to be used for salary survey participation.
- Assist in the administration of all compensation variable pay programs (merit/bonus).
- Provide counsel on salary adjustments by providing recommendations based on best practices, including but not limited to market rates, internal peer equity, and minimum requirements defined under the law.
- Ensure compensation decisions are in compliance with all organizational and governing agencies statues and legislation including but not limited to FLSA and local state/city minimum requirements and guidelines.
Contribution to adjacent department projects and initiatives as needed.
Ad hoc projects and initiatives related to compensation as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of compensation management principles and ability to apply them to compensation administration. I.e. salary administration, job development, market pricing and labor law compliance.
- Strong familiarity with multiple research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative)
- Ability to conceptualize a business problem, define relevant issues, determine methodology for exploring problem, define alternatives, and develop recommendations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate findings into clear and concise documents and presentations.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Suite Applications (Advance Microsoft Excel required).
- Knowledge of HRIS and compensation systems (PeopleSoft preferred).
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule own work in order to complete multiple tasks within assigned timeframes.
- Ability to handle confidential information and matters with a high level of discretion.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, including Executives.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred or progressing
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance or other related field preferred.
Minimum Related Work Experience:
2-4 years related work experience in a related area
Minimum 2 years of job documentation, evaluation, and pricing
1+ years using CompAnalyst preferred
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Apr 19, 2018, 6:26:35 PM