About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts, and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of financial, retail, hospitality, travel, gaming, public sector, telecom, and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
This role is in our Financial Services line of business. The primary roles of the software engineering manager responsible for network certifications is to own and manage the technical relationship with our North American Financial Network partners who provide ATM debit transaction processing to our customers; manage certification of our solutions on the ATM transaction networks; build teams and ensure they have the required resources, tools, and proper training to get their work done; and remove roadblocks and eliminate impediments.
NCR is seeking a dynamic leader and great team player who enjoys building relationships with all stakeholders inside and outside the company, effectively identifies and solves technical challenges in a fast-paced environment, has a vision of where the products an solutions should go, knows how to develop strategy, applies sound judgement in successful planning and execution, meets commitments, and communicates effectively.
- Build a great team and ensure they have proper resources, tools, and training to get the job done well – Help engineers resolve technical and process challenges
- Build strong, collaborative and effective partnership with Networks
Manage network certification process and optimize sequencing to accelerate go-to-market timeline
- Collaborate with Product Management in defining product vision and ensure effective ATM debit transaction processing functionality exists in our application products
- Participate in go-to-market strategy planning and development, including engineering pilots and controlled deployments
- Ensure great engineering processes are executed leading to high quality and timely delivery
- Provide leadership and coaching – inspiring team members to achieve their optimum performance and career development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or business management or related degree
- Seven years of related experience in a software development and/or product management environment
- Superb communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills – adjusts to audience and effectively communicates with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- Effectively deals with changes in priority – adapts and modifies approach when required – effectively deals with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter – takes initiative
- Effectively manages own time and ensures team has required resources and training to complete their work on time and with high quality – stays focused on priorities
- Demonstrated ability to think, evaluate, and solve complex technical problems – identifies issues and opportunities – analyzes data, develops recommendations, and takes appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to challenge status quo – drives process improvement
- Working knowledge and experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment, pipelines, and automation
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with all stakeholders; partners, Product Management, Professional Services, Field Deployment, and customers – understand and identify opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction
- Understands business mission and strategies – aligns with product strategies for achieving individual and team goals – demonstrates high business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to identify, avoid, and manage risk appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to increase customer satisfaction and improve relationships – understand partner and customer business and needs and demonstrate how technology can solve real business challenges
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate – develop statements of work, agreements, and other contractual artifacts
- Experience with continuous improvement processes and lean principles
- Experience developing technical documentation for user guides and customer/partner training
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
North America-United States-Georgia-Atlanta