What you’ll be doing…
The Desktop Support Technician provides outstanding IT customer service while
being the day-to-day contact point between employees, management, customers,
partners, and vendors. Responsibilities include providing support to staff on
all company-supported applications, troubleshooting computer problems and
determining source, and advising on appropriate action, and completing Help
Desk related project-based work.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Answer staff questions on all company supported applications.
- Tier 2-3 troubleshooting for both hardware and software issues
- Conduct remote troubleshooting of computer problems
- Monitor and take ownership of appropriate customer trouble tickets, analyze and take corrective action
- Advise staff on appropriate action.
- Remove and add system permissions for customers
- Serve as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues.
- Document resolutions for future reference
- Server as escalation point for the triage team
- Perform hardware and software installations
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff
- Assist with IT related projects
Who you are…
- Experienced. Bachelor's Degree and 2-3 years Desktop\Help Desk support experience in an Enterprise environment. Advanced hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Service Minded. Excellent customer service skills, considers the impact on the customer when making a decision
- Excellent Communication. Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and customer service skills. Fluent in Mandarin is a plus!
- Detail oriented. Handle details accurately and in a timely manner under pressure
- Go-Getter. Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Technically Savvy. Advanced knowledge of company supported applications. Ability to learn and support new applications.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.