Job DescriptionJob Title: Business Analyst III Job Location: BangaloreAbout Company:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.About Team:
This position will work within the DE (Digital Engineering) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites. Candidate will translate business needs into effective technical solutions using JAVA technology. Candidate will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to design, build web applications and services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Enterprise Digital Asset Management, Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Search Engine technology, Middleware and ERPs.Position Summary:The Product Owner/Business Analyst position’s main function is to help the business and IT teams implement digital technology solutions in the most effective manner by defining clear and concise business requirements and communicating the requirements to all stakeholders of the project or program. The Business Analyst will conduct stakeholder interviews and research to define business solutions creating operational efficiencies and opportunities for profit. A successful analyst is one who is highly skilled in terms of understanding and defining business processes, building solutions, communicating requirements, and controlling project scope. The Business Analyst is responsible for validating solutions during and after project delivery to ensure the solution has satisfied the business requirements. As an indirect leader, the product owner aspect of this role ensures that the team work is meaningful and impactful. This person is visionary with the requisite functional knowledge to bridge the divide between business intent and execution of the team.Key Responsibilities:
- Creates, refines and deletes work items in the team backlog in order to keep it organized, relevant and progressively elaborated just in time
- Works with Product Management, customers and stakeholders to ensure their wants and needs are backed into the backlog in succinct and plain language
- Hosts and facilitates sprint review /demo as well as formulating relevant attendee list for each session
- Ensure required artifacts are produced and readily available for PMO memorialization for the purposes of audit and compliance
- Represents the team for PO Sync in order to coordinate/communicate shifting priorities
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, and their Scrum Master to ensure the team is prepared in advance of program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and system or PI demos
- Ensures there is enough “ready” backlog to sustain team planning every two weeks
- Gather user requirements using standard BA documentation types and processes to develop and propose solutions.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Communicate and collaborate with other BAs, POs and technical resources to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders
- Serve as the conduit between business stakeholders and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in technical or business area and 5-7 years related work experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management and/or eCommerce solutions a plus
- Self Starter that demonstrates discipline and motivation in all aspects of job performance.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong data analysis skills required. Hands on experience with data analysis, data standardization, data clean up, data consolidation, and data mapping across multiple systems.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Able to complete assignment with minimal direction
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to issues
- Must adapt to rapidly changing technologies and processes.
- Enhanced PC knowledge and skill sets utilizing Microsoft products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Experience with Product Information Management systems, Search Engines, Data Supply Chain, ETL, B2B would be a plus
- Experience with JIRA, Endeca, Solr, Hybris, OpenText a plus
- Clear understanding of Product Ownership in SAFe
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum and SAFe. PMI-ASCP, CSPO, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus (POPM).
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelor Degree in technical or business area and 5 years related work experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Clear waterfall and Agile BA Requirements gathering and documentation understanding.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Commitment to Results/ Team Player
- Must have strong customer service acumen