Req ID: 36182
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The Chief Security Architect will be a direct report to the Sabre Chief Information Security Officer, and will be responsible for:
- Understanding complex Technology, Engineering and Operations (TE&O) and Platforms and Technology (PT) environments, and Sabre business unit needs, and then helping to develop the security architectural solutions and strategies necessary to implement security across Sabre’s technology areas.
- Develop and oversee a Security Research, Engineering and Development (RED) function responsible for assessing emerging technologies and solutions, testing security functionality, conducting Proof of Concept testing, and developing organizational guidance for adoption.
- Manage and oversee the Risk and Security Department Security Architecture staff and RED Team.
The Chief Security Architect, in collaboration with the Chief Cyber Security Strategist, will define specifications, and manage a team, the provides architectural security solutions to protect the organization by interfacing with core business functions and technology teams to identify required future state security capabilities and needs.
- Working with the CISO and the Chief Security Strategist, help to create and define Sabre R&S strategic cyber security strategies and roadmaps for key focus areas, such as enterprise security architecture, vulnerability management, SabreNEXT, cloud implementations, IAM, application security and other strategies as assigned.
- Provide expert information security architectural thought leadership and direction for assigned strategies and enterprise initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with other R&S leadership to ensure alignment with strategy and vision.
- Liaison with and maintain regular engagement and proactive partnership with other TE&O, PT and business unit technology teams to ensure assigned strategies align with business and technical needs, requirements, and constraints.
- Engage various security product vendors, manufacturers and service providers to assess solutions and capabilities. Maintain relationships to stay current on products and technologies, and to assess new emerging solutions and offerings.
Key Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated relevant security expertise in designing security solutions for a mix of technology areas, with a focus on network, cloud, application and IAM security.
- Demonstrated relevant security expertise in designing and architecting security solutions in a mix of technology areas including:
- AWS, Google, Azure and other Cloud Service Provider solutions
- Hypervisor and Virtualization
- Windows, Linux, Oracle, DB2 and Teradata
- Mainframe Systems, including MVS, zOS, TPF, IMS
- Advanced Endpoint Security
- Advanced Identity & Access Management
- Embedded, Control, and IoT Device Security
- Experience architecting, designing and building platforms that allow technology teams to create, manage and secure their applications and API’s. SME level experience with standards such as OAuth and OpenID Connect, API/Web/Mobile frameworks, and building and securing microservices.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, or other technical discipline
- Minimum 10 years' hands on experience in information security or information technology discipline
- At least 7 years direct experience in security architecture, consulting, strategy and planning, with at least 4 years directly supervising or managing security architecture functions.
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how information security can support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Superior communication and collaboration skills, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics.
- Two or more security certifications preferred - CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS GIAC, CGEIT, CRISC, GSEC, ITL, etc. PMP and Agile certifications are a plus.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at email@example.com
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Business Intelligence, Consulting, Data Warehouse, Database, Mainframe, Technology