POSITION TITLE: Structural Engineer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Design Engineering – GSI Hungary
I. POSITION PURPOSE:
This position will be responsible for engineering, designing and developing components and assemblies to support the Structures business in EME. This position will interpret plans, drawings and specifications to achieve the product requirements, while making sure the design conform to specifications, plans, laws, regulations and safety standards.The engineer needs to make custom designs depending on project and customer needs.
|MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITY:||KEY MEASUREMENT:|
· Execute industrial design guidelines for GSI Storage brands existing and future products
· Manufacturing efficiency, BOM accuracy, ease of installation
· New product development projects deliver expected levels of industrial design, usability, design for manufacturing and end user experience.
· Quality of work is measured from feedback of customers & dealers and also in the end of the amount of sold products.
· Design efficiency to support customer orders
· PO to BOM entry/drawing release
II. FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
Expertise in taking existing US requirements and translating into Metric and new functional requirements based on regional needs. Functional knowledge required to fully scope this transition includes:
· Experience in the design and development of steel structures is required.
III. BUSINESS EXPERTISE:
Job holder needs to have the business acumen to understand the customer’s needs of the MH, Storage and Catwalk/Tower systems.
· Understanding of the agriculture industry, particularly Grain storage and conveying and product lines across the company, to assure that the resulting organization can perform the primary task of delivering appropriate product.
· Good understanding & knowledge of metal fabrication and material conveyance designs, components, and Design trends and understanding of the different trends in general level also.
· General business analysis expertise to assure that evaluations of resulting products correctly assess value added to GSI in the prioritization of the multiple conflicting priorities to be optimized (i.e. cost vs. performance, quality vs. time to market, profitability vs. initial investments, cost reduction vs. business stability, etc)
IV. LEADERSHIP/PEOPLE MANAGEMENT:
· People management – N/A
· Work with other sites/departments in global platform projects
V. PROBLEM SOLVING:
Requires the ability to innovate the integration of components/systems in ways that support the local and global needs of different GSI product configurations and designs and still creates brand specific experience to customers.
· Exceptional problem solving skills as each end user installation site requires different configurations and often requires changes to BOMS and ability to do so effectively in a cost efficient and functional manner.
· Be part of making decisions on requirements, cost, and application on end user sites.
VI. NATURE OF IMPACT
This job will have a local and a global impact on the business by establishing new material handling / Grain Storage / C&T design strategies.
Having a high quality MH along with C/T and Storage product offering enables and significantly increases the probability of GSI obtaining a “total solution” approach and enables GSI to capture Conditioning, Storage, Material Handling and C/T sales as most sales requires a “total solution” in EME region.
VII. AREA OF IMPACT:
This job will have a significant regional impact as to how dealers and customers perceive our entire brand – depending on the quality of design and ease of assembly.
· High quality impression of the product.
· Easy & cost effective to produce, assemble and service.
VIII. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
The job holder requires the following interpersonal skills in order to successfully execute job responsibilities:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to be flexible – the product line is customized for the customer
· Ability to address and resolve issues in an objective and sensitive ways.
· The job holder must work closely with many departments within GSI including engineering, sales, manufacturing, purchasing and logistics.
IX. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
The job holder will have the following minimal and preferred qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering is required.
· 3+ years experience in Steel Structure Design in a mid-sized to large, international company, which requires lower volume and high complexity and customization is required.
· Experience in designing steel fabricated parts is required.
· Experience in Eurocode is required
· Pro-E/Windchill experience is strongly preferred.
· Agricultural experience is preferred.
· Strong cross disciplinary & international education & work experience is preferred.
· Excellent presentation, communication & verbal skills are required.
· Good skills of understanding the overall picture, seeing of the future design trends & understanding of the brand´s importance.
· High attention to detail and quality, with extreme sense of urgency in meeting customer requirements and schedules.
· Open-minded, team player with “can-do” attitude and does what it takes to the get the job done.
Job Segment: Agricultural, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Product Development, Structural Engineer, Agriculture, Engineering, Research