Our mission is to build the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in communities across the U.S. navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex problems and make a positive impact on the world.
The data infrastructure team is responsible for building the infrastructure to ingest and process the petabytes of AV data coming from the car, simulated tests, or realtime services, warehouse this data, and provide tooling and services for users throughout the company to gain insights from Cruise’s data and accelerate development.
- Autonomously design and implement full-stack solutions to manage data ingested from our growing fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Build internal tools to manage our unique development, deployment, and testing workflows
- Build critical systems used in monitoring and improving the AV performance
- Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews, KPIs reviews, and design discussions leading to continuous improvements in these areas
- Experience building modern frontends using React, Webpack, Babel, or similar tools
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Have a track record of efficiently solving complex problems
- Experience programming with Go or C++
- Experience with Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, or other data processing tools
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing AWS or on-premises server infrastructure
- Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.