REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent programming skills in languages such as Python and/or Java with a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as software engineer. (Target language is Python; Java developers will need to train on Python)
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in some of the following areas is plus:
- Data wrangling with hands on experience of Pandas, NumPy and SciPy libraries.
- Machine Learning - deep learning, online learning, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, structured/unstructured learning with hands on experience of Tensorflow and/or SciKit-Learn.
- Natural language processing with NLTK, Spacy or Gensim libraries. Knowledge of OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, Translation, Semantic Ontology, Natural Language understanding/generation.
- Optical Character Recognition with Tesseract (pytesseract or tesserocr)
- Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene or other search engines technologies
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other qualitative discipline, ideally with specialization and experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning or other related fields.
A minimum of three years of professional post-academic work experience with a Master’s or additional years of experience at BSc level will be considered. Strong mathematical/computing science background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Marking, or similar.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Someone who is passionate about AI and can show examples of their skills utilizing open-source capabilities that they can show as part of that passion;
- The freedom to use your talent and background to help us make noise in the industry quickly.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!We invite you to join IQVIA™.Job ID: