At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Location: Ideal location for this position would be in either the Kansas City or St. Louis area.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Marketing professional to join the Trane Sales and Service team. In this role, you will provide leadership and strategic guidance in developing and implementing marketing strategies that support business objectives. Management of local sponsorships and advertising, demand generation, sales enablement, and the creation of marketing programs for new business growth and customer retention. The Regional Marketing Manager understands the regions business challenges and helps to develop and execute effective marketing plans. This job provides vision, leadership and strategic guidance in developing and implementing marketing strategies that support business objectives.
We are looking for a self-directed Marketing Brand Ambassador who is able to think strategically and manage tactical detail. You will be both creative and analytical and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Your ability to adapt to changing priorities, collaborate across functions and teams, and continuously acquire new skills and apply the learnings make you the perfect team member for our field marketing organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Serves as a strategic partner with the district general managers, sales managers and leadership within their region
- Serve as Brand Champions for two districts.
- Create district marketing strategy and execution plan in conjunction with sales/district leadership to grow the local Trane brand and create demand for Trane products.
- Identifies gaps, trends and influences that exist within the Market and recommends sound and actionable solutions
- Manage all elements of the marketing strategy, including research, budget, planning, and execution.
- Gather market intelligence on customers, competitors, provide local insights on key trends/growth segments and translate to marketing programs.
- Sales Coaching – coach the sales staff on what the interest and needs of particular customers are.
- Help the sales team define value proposition in the light of the customers perception
- Sales Support – understand our products and services at a value proposition level to identify target markets for each.
- Identify gaps, trends, and influences that exist with the market and recommend actionable solutions
- Elevate our brand in the marketplace to attract and retain talent, attract customers, and win jobs.
- Become the voice of marketing for district activities
- Drive demand generation programs in target areas – filling sales pipeline and partnering to accelerate leads through the pipeline
- Execute internal and external events – associations, local tradeshows, training events, etc.
- Pursue, develop, and implement community partnerships, marketing sponsorships, and sales promotions.
- Act as a liaison between corporate marketing and field; is the same of marketing to the district and conversely communicates the needs of the district back to marketing.
- Creation and implementation of social media strategy and ongoing monitoring of activity.
- Regular travel requirements with some overnight travel.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.