Job ID: JR0063288
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Kulim, KDH MY
Other Locations: Malaysia, Penang
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Pre-Post Silicon Validation Engineer (PCIE)
- As a Pre/Post Silicon Validation Engineer, you are required to create, define and develop system validation environment & test suites. Uses & applies emulation & platform-level tools & techniques to ensure performance to spec.
- You are responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures. Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on-die debug features.
- You are responsible in validating the functionality of new architectural features of next generation designs by developing test plans, tests content, coverage points or test tools.
- You are focal point between a number of Architecture, Design and Validation teams within Intel and across different sites.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's/Master's in Hardware Engineering or Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science with minimum 5 years (for Senior position) or 8 years (for Staff position) of related work experience.
- Candidate with experience in CPU/SoC/Chipset/Platform System Validation is preferable.
- Strong knowledge and skills of Intel IA or ARM IA Architecture will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of the:
- PCIe architecture who familiar in PCIe interconnect, link, Lane, Configuration, Interrupt, I/O Read/Write, PCIe Layer, Form Factor & etc.
- Good working knowledge in C++/Python SW programming and scripting
- Knowledge of Verilog/VHDL and EDA design tools is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications and experience working in a cross functional team environment are essential.
- Processes strong problem solving, analytical and debug skills.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.