zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toys and gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, Reno, Columbus and Bethlehem, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day - and we are just getting started.
The Member Engagement Platform (MEP) team is zulily’s primary communication channel with the customers. Last year, we sent over 10 billion emails, mobile push notifications, and Facebook messages. This year, our goal is to use Machine Learning to personalize the content and schedule of every single communication so we can give each individual customer the best and most timely information pertinent to her shopping needs.
If you are a Software Engineer with superb design and coding skills and a burning desire to build great products at scale and work with other awesome engineers, give us a shout. Why build a widget if you can build a platform that serves hundreds of millions of customers?
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Understand the business problem.
• Design. Code. Deploy. Celebrate. Repeat.
• Experiment. Fail. Experiment. Win.
• Teach others.
We also want to let you know about what you can expect when you work at zulily:
• We have a well-defined career path for our technical talent, with measurable goals.
• zulily understands the value of learning; every tech employee receives an annual education budget for personal development. This includes external classes, training, conferences, etc. We also encourage you to bring your new knowledge back to the team to share! In addition, zulily also has internal L & D tools and opportunities available.
• HTO (Hack Time Off) - You have great ideas – here’s some extra time to work on them! All exempt employees will be granted 5 days of “Hack Time Off” per year – PAID!
• Giving back: Every quarter we offer zulily full-time employees 8 hours of PAID volunteer time. We also encourage you to get a team of volunteers together and make a difference in the community.
• Zuniversity is a lecture/fireside series that allows you to meet with local influencers and learn about what is going on in our community.
zulily is an Equal Opportunity Employer
zulily participates in E-Verify. zulily will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. You may reach us at (206) 388-0920.