As the Senior Software Development Engineer working in Hotels.com Travel Inspiration Content team, you will participate in the design, development and deployment of technical expertise to our software development functions.
- Lead development team to build, implement and operate software solutions for content platform. Ensure resources are committed to achieving the goals of the team and that development milestones are met
- Ensure products are built to specifications within the defined schedule, budget and quality parameters and effectively manage trade-offs
- Actively contribute to the successful delivery of the assigned project through development of high quality code
- Provide technical leadership during production problems, supporting assigned developers. Serve as technical escalation point to assess the risk and success probability for proposed solutions
- Mentor, groom direct reports and guide them in their ongoing training development needs.
- Collaborate across functions and silos to deliver effective technology solution and help shape the future direction of the technology strategy
- Minimum 7 years Software Engineering experiences or an equivalent Development role.
- Extensive experience with Java (1.8) and Java EE Application Stacks, ideally including: spring-boot or DropWizard, tomcat, maven, hibernate, junit.
- Experience working within and championing distributed, Service Oriented Architectures / Microservices.
- Experience working within a CI based development cycle.
- Fast, adaptable learner who is willing to work across a wide variety of technical spectrums (from development and implementation through to production system deployments and high level architecture planning).
- Experience using Docker in production environment.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of distributed systems and clustering solutions (ideally hands-on experience maintaining a HA DB cluster such as MySQL+Galera, ElasticSearch, RethinkDB).
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases, including data modeling, querying, performance tuning and deployment.
- Understanding and experience with AWS technologies including: EC2, S3, IAM, Lambda, CloudFormation, VPC.
- Linux / UNIX administration skills and proficiency.
Expedia is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment with
a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.